• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Crappy Baseball Teams Pool...

Josh

meh
Nor would I.

Olney has the Brewers #1 on his list of teams landing Sabathia if the Tribe deal him.
Yeah, I saw that and was going to mention it to you. WTF?

So the whisperings in Milwaukee are that Sheets is gone end of year. Potentially late year trade, unless in contention. Potentially "rent" Sabathia in that scenario if Milwaukee still in it, which is unlikely.

Since Fielder is basically gone after 2 more years, why not give Sheets all the money they had earmarked for Fielder. Hell, probably some in there for Sabathia too. :shrug:

mightytyke

Shoot, Move, Communicate!
VIP
Yeah, I saw that and was going to mention it to you. WTF?

So the whisperings in Milwaukee are that Sheets is gone end of year. Potentially late year trade, unless in contention. Potentially "rent" Sabathia in that scenario if Milwaukee still in it, which is unlikely.

Since Fielder is basically gone after 2 more years, why not give Sheets all the money they had earmarked for Fielder. Hell, probably some in there for Sabathia too. :shrug:

I think it would be better for them to get Sabathia and let Sheets walk at the end of the year. They could get the type A pick when someone would sign Sheets (it would be very unpopular) but Sheets has been very injury prone and hasn't really shown his full potential because of it. Use the money that was going to be given to Sheets and use it to sign Sabathia and try to resign Fielder especially after the subpar year he had since he won't be demanding Ryan Howard dollars that he was expecting like last year.

Josh

meh
I think it would be better for them to get Sabathia and let Sheets walk at the end of the year. They could get the type A pick when someone would sign Sheets (it would be very unpopular) but Sheets has been very injury prone and hasn't really shown his full potential because of it. Use the money that was going to be given to Sheets and use it to sign Sabathia and try to resign Fielder especially after the subpar year he had since he won't be demanding Ryan Howard dollars that he was expecting like last year.
I might have agreed with that at Spring Training, but less so now. Even though Sheets has been hurt a lot lately (knock on wood), this year he is dominating. And when he isn't hurt, he comes in and demonstrates why he CAN be hurt and still be the ace.

Sheets had been my favorite player for A LOT of years when Milwaukee wasn't shiat. He played a big part in their rise from crappiness to mediocrity. :jump:

I'm cooling on Fielder some. Between his shift from power to warning-track-power, his agent (Boras :untrue: ), the fact that he goes vegetarian and is still getting fatter, the fact that he only seems to be a leader when things are good, and the fact that he is now, apparently, a tax cheater :rotflmao: have made me cool. I'd feel far better overpaying for Sheets and Hart (and potentially Sabathia) than Prince. :D

First baseman are a hell of a lot easier to find than Ace pitchers. :paper:

Edit: That said, Parra and McClung (McLovin) have stepped up huge. If Gallardo were well, it would actually be a pretty formidable rotation. This brings me some hope.

mightytyke

VIP
I might have agreed with that at Spring Training, but less so now. Even though Sheets has been hurt a lot lately (knock on wood), this year he is dominating. And when he isn't hurt, he comes in and demonstrates why he CAN be hurt and still be the ace.

Sheets had been my favorite player for A LOT of years when Milwaukee wasn't shiat. He played a big part in their rise from crappiness to mediocrity. :jump:

I'm cooling on Fielder some. Between his shift from power to warning-track-power, his agent (Boras :untrue: ), the fact that he goes vegetarian and is still getting fatter, the fact that he only seems to be a leader when things are good, and the fact that he is now, apparently, a tax cheater :rotflmao: have made me cool. I'd feel far better overpaying for Sheets and Hart (and potentially Sabathia) than Prince. :D

First baseman are a hell of a lot easier to find than Ace pitchers. :paper:

Edit: That said, Parra and McClung (McLovin) have stepped up huge. If Gallardo were well, it would actually be a pretty formidable rotation. This brings me some hope.

Point taken. I haven't really paid much attention to Fielder this year other than I knew it took him along time for him to hit his first homer. As for the taxes, I guess, like father like son :jump:

How about next year trade Fielder and a pitcher to the Orioles (if they would ever take this trade) for Markakis and move Braun to 1B?

Josh

meh
Point taken. I haven't really paid much attention to Fielder this year other than I knew it took him along time for him to hit his first homer. As for the taxes, I guess, like father like son :jump:

How about next year trade Fielder and a pitcher to the Orioles (if they would ever take this trade) for Markakis and move Braun to 1B?
Yeah, I think they panicked and moved Braun to the OF too fast. I think he would've been a decent 3B eventually. Still, Milwaukee is plentiful in outfielders, so that wouldn't be bad to move him to 1B.

I need to look at the stats for the NL, but Braun is a righty. Don't mgrs usually like lefty 1Bs since they can only basically play 1B or OF (or DH in AL)?
As it is, Prince is their only regular lefty bat, if you don't count Branyan. If Gwynn would come back up to the bigs and play OF, he'd be another lefty. This other prospect La Porta is an outfielder, but I don't recall which way he bats. Kapler/Cameron/Hart are all righties.

mightytyke

VIP
Yeah, I think they panicked and moved Braun to the OF too fast. I think he would've been a decent 3B eventually. Still, Milwaukee is plentiful in outfielders, so that wouldn't be bad to move him to 1B.

I need to look at the stats for the NL, but Braun is a righty. Don't mgrs usually like lefty 1Bs since they can only basically play 1B or OF (or DH in AL)?
As it is, Prince is their only regular lefty bat, if you don't count Branyan. If Gwynn would come back up to the bigs and play OF, he'd be another lefty. This other prospect La Porta is an outfielder, but I don't recall which way he bats. Kapler/Cameron/Hart are all righties.
I just looked it up and LaPorta is a right-handed hitter. Does Miller Park have a short right field porch? Too bad you guys couldn't get a switch hitter or a lefty in at short or somewhere like that.

Josh

meh
I just looked it up and LaPorta is a right-handed hitter. Does Miller Park have a short right field porch? Too bad you guys couldn't get a switch hitter or a lefty in at short or somewhere like that.
No, it is pretty even as a field, not really hitters or pitchers type of park. I just hate that there is 1 or 2 lefties in the lineup when a bunch of righties roll into town.

LOL. Johnny Estrada was the last switch hitter, look what he did. :clapping: Although he did almost kick Ned's ass. :jump:

John

Transplant
VIP
LOL. Johnny Estrada was the last switch hitter, look what he did. :clapping: Although he did almost kick Ned's ass. :jump:
Johnny Estrada was good as a Brave. The only reason they traded him was because McCann is so good.

BTW, the Brewers looked good against the Braves. Sheets was amazing in game one. :agree: :bowdown:

The Braves gave the Brewers game 2 though... :tirehead:

mightytyke

VIP
I was watching the Brewers/Braves game yesterday and man did Fielder ever get bigger from last year. Most people that I know that are vegetarians are thin. :jump:

Josh

meh
Most people do it for health reasons, or ethics. He just got grossed out.

:wifey: and my working theory is that he just replaced cheeseburgers with donuts, and french fries with more french fries.

mightytyke

VIP
Cards loaded the bases twice yesterday and walked the same guy each time to allow the Tigers to score a run. :jump: