• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Golfers are a-holes

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
According to the course, golfers are liable and most of the time the golfer's own home owner's insurance will cover the damage to property. So yeah, you're a world class a-hole if you damage someone's property, have insurance that would make that person whole at no cost to yourself, police the ball by entering a fenced pool area, and then don't take responsibility for the damage.

Furthermore, you suck at golf to hit my house period. We're not talking an errant shot. We're talking a line drive way out of bounds.
News flash - most people suck at golf

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
You break someone's shit you pay to have it put back to how it was before you broke it. Same as stealing if you don't.
There's an old ****** in town that steps out into cars as they turn right at intersections and then tries to get money from them. I equate these two things and feel no sympathy for either.

mcatdtJEEP

You agree to the course rules when you play at the course. Even if you can weasel out of the liability from a legal standpoint, you're an a-hole if you damage someone's property and don't accept responsibility, don't notify the property owner, and trespass to remove the evidence of the damage. Accident or not.

Only an a-hole golfer could call a property owner an a-hole for complaining about a $3-500 expense for the damage the golfer caused.
FWIW - I don't think this is a 'golfer condition' The same golfer that did this is the same parenting asshole that won't leave let you know his son threw his baseball through your window. He's the same bicycle asshole that rides his bike down the middle of the road, impeeding traffic, he's the same jeeping asshole that tears up your hunting lease. He's the same traffic asshole that accidentally hits your mailbox, but drives away.

Whoever did that to you was just an asshole in general... golf just happened to be how it showed out in this particular case.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I do. I would pay for the window if I broke it because I'm a nice guy, but I feel no sympathy for the situation when someone doesn't pay based on the location of the house.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
I do. I would pay for the window if I broke it because I'm a nice guy, but I feel no sympathy for the situation when someone doesn't pay based on the location of the house.
You know there are houses there when you enter the course, if you feel you cannot keep your ball from destroying their property then you make a choice to pay for the damage if it does occur or find a course with no houses.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
if the golf course was there first then the risk should be on the home owner. If the house was first then the course should pay.

Chite5e

VIP
Ultra-Premium
You know there are houses there when you enter the course, if you feel you cannot keep your ball from destroying their property then you make a choice to pay for the damage if it does occur or find a course with no houses.
Bro, it's like cooking meth in a buddies home. He invited you to do so and he can't get all pissy when the met lab explodes and levels his home. He knew the risk upon inviting me.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Bro, it's like cooking meth in a buddies home. He invited you to do so and he can't get all pissy when the met lab explodes and levels his home. He knew the risk upon inviting me.
It's wrong to break his window and not pay for it's repair.

mcatdtJEEP

if the golf course was there first then the risk should be on the home owner. If the house was first then the course should pay.
but the house was there before the golfer played the course that day....

it's simple. Don't be a prick. If you cause damage through your own mistake (a sliced/hooked ball in this case) , make it right.