• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

I do find it funny that K...

Kath

OMG aren't you the funny one today. I'm hooked now that I got to handle a very nice camera. JU has very much influenced my life I must say. :thup2: In a good way of course, although in an expensive way as well :frou: It's damn cool you all found a place to chill again :beerchug:

synonymous

Better than you.
VIP
Personally, I still think you should get that smoking deal on that used D80. Guy seems like an upstanding individual. Save you a chitload of $, and you would have two lens after I gave you my 18-55. Hence, you could cover 18-200mm, and have D80 and 4GB mem card for price of new D40w/55-200. ;)

Wool E. Bull

Thank you.
Wool...I do NOT speak french :jump:
:) Sorry.

The 50mm/1.8 lens ($100) will work perfectly on the D80 and those two are a great low-light combo (indoors/parties/etc.). The 50mm/1.8 will not auto-focus on the D40 and D60...manual focus only. Plus there are a lot of other lenses that fall into this same category, i.e. they mount and work on the D40/D60 but will not auto-focus.

synonymous

Better than you.
VIP
And don't forget, IIRC, every kit comes sans memory card, so he'd have to pony up between $20 and $100 given capacity.

:) Sorry.

The 50mm/1.8 lens ($100) will work perfectly on the D80 and those two are a great low-light combo (indoors/parties/etc.). The 50mm/1.8 will not auto-focus on the D40 and D60...manual focus only. Plus there are a lot of other lenses that fall into this same category, i.e. they mount and work on the D40/D60 but will not auto-focus.
:) That I understood ;)

And don't forget, IIRC, every kit comes sans memory card, so he'd have to pony up between $20 and $100 given capacity.
I actually(believe it or not LOL) think of that.

Kath

Sounds like a crap load of moola for upgrading a camera. But we might as well splurge...we can make it your bday present :bday: Whatever you guys suggest I trust. Thanks for your help!

synonymous

Better than you.
VIP
Just trying to get you guys bang for the buck. A brand new D40 with that 55-200 is gonna be pricey, so if you are sticking to your original budget of $400, it won't even come close to that. You will be in the D40 w/ 18-55 range, and no mem card.

Just trying to get you guys bang for the buck. A brand new D40 with that 55-200 is gonna be pricey, so if you are sticking to your original budget of $400, it won't even come close to that. You will be in the D40 w/ 18-55 range, and no mem card.
:beerchug: Like K said.....we appreciate all the time you have spent w/me/us about this.
Yes. I'm debating shooting the IP week 3 with a P&S as I'm obviously too much of a doofus to use a DSLR.
Cool..

:disagree: Dude...I saw you in action on Saturday night. You do good at pic taking :)

Kath

Yeah but we don't have buck....this will be more debt...not sure if this is a smart move...I just need to learn how to spend money and enjoy life more. Sometimes you gotta say what the F right? :beerchug: