• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

I do find it funny that K...

Kath

Last edited:

Wool E. Bull

Thank you.
Yeah...thanks to you guys we're looking at this one now.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8101617&type=product&id=1158317360988
:grouphug:

Ritz camera near our house has one in stock for $799.99. We could get it tonight instead of ordering online. Doesn't come with a card though. What card am I looking for? Ho wmuch are they?
That is what I would do...and eventually pickup this:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/247091-USA/Nikon_2137_Normal_AF_Nikkor_50mm.html

You want SD cards for that camera and really any card will do. I prefer Sandisk since I've never had one go bad. Something like this for decent read/write speed:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/561064-REG/Sandisk_SDSDX3_002GR_2GB_Extreme_III_Secure.html

You don't need more than 2GB now.

SO...get that body / lens and card??????????????????????????????????????

BTW....Matt/Wool, Thanks so much for all your help...K and I really appreciate it.

:beerchug:

Wool E. Bull

Thank you.
I would definitely recommend that body + lens but you can go with only Matt's lens for now if he's going to give it to you. I really doubt that Best Buy will stock that lens I posted. More than likely that's best case in stock at your local Ritz Camera but more than likely an order from B&H.

Like I said...most any SD card will do and the only really good reason to go with Sandisk is reliability and fast read times (time to copy the files from card to PC).

Happy to help. :beerchug:

I would definitely recommend that body + lens but you can go with only Matt's lens for now if he's going to give it to you. I really doubt that Best Buy will stock that lens I posted. More than likely that's best case in stock at your local Ritz Camera but more than likely an order from B&H.

Like I said...most any SD card will do and the only really good reason to go with Sandisk is reliability and fast read times (time to copy the files from card to PC).

Happy to help. :beerchug:
:thup2: Ok...what is the difference between the lens?

Wool E. Bull

Thank you.
:thup2: Ok...what is the difference between the lens?

Matt's lens is an 18-55 lens...it's a zoom whereas the one I posted doesn't zoom. It's fixed at a 55mm focal length. However the lens I posted has a 1.8 aperture which will let in much more light than Matt's 18-55 so you can theoretically take pix in ambient light rather than needing to use the popup flash.

For now I'd go with Matt's lens and get the one I posted when you want/Xmas/etc.

Matt's lens is an 18-55 lens...it's a zoom whereas the one I posted doesn't zoom. It's fixed at a 55mm focal length. However the lens I posted has a 1.8 aperture which will let in much more light than Matt's 18-55 so you can theoretically take pix in ambient light rather than needing to use the popup flash.

For now I'd go with Matt's lens and get the one I posted when you want/Xmas/etc.
:thup2:

My birthday is next month ;)...actually during HHH

Matt..what do ya want for that lens?

synonymous

Better than you.
VIP
I don't use it anymore. I bought an 18-200mm The 18-55 can actually focus closer than my 18-200, so if i really HAD to use it, I would need the 18-55, but I think my 50mm will focus even closer, so no issues.

Kath

OMG :clapping: can't hurt to try.

WITF are you not there picking it up?

edit...it will need to charge..and matt said it takes a while
;)

Need a lens as well :beerchug: Hey Matt.....thanks for the lens and help! Could I swing by this weekend to pick it up? Do you guys want to come over for dinner Friday night? I'm sure you can teach us a thing or 2!