• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

I do find it funny that K...

synonymous

Better than you.
VIP
Yeah, we can get you the lens somehow this weekend. As far as Friday, maybe, have to check with A as there are out of towners coming in, but who knows what their plans are, they might want to knock off early so we might be free. I'm home all day every Friday, so if John wanted to swing down the 51 on his way to work he could pick it up, or if you guys wanted to swing by tomorrow even, that would work. Just remember, body-only obviously means you cannot take a single pic until you have some lens.

synonymous

Better than you.
VIP
Looks like I have a lens which will match the minimum focus distance of the 18-55, my 12-24 will do it.

Minimum Focus Distance

18-55
0.9 ft. (0.28m)

18-200
1.6 ft. (0.5m).

50/1.4
1.5 ft. (.45m)

12-24
1 ft. (0.3m)

Wool E. Bull

Thank you.
Looks like I have a lens which will match the minimum focus distance of the 18-55, my 12-24 will do it.

Minimum Focus Distance

18-55
0.9 ft. (0.28m)

18-200
1.6 ft. (0.5m).

50/1.4
1.5 ft. (.45m)

12-24
1 ft. (0.3m)
It's obscenely close...especially on the super wides. The 14-24 is the same distance I believe.

synonymous

Better than you.
VIP
That is the only thing I do not like about the 18-200 (outside of the slowness of it), the crappy minimum focal distance.

synonymous

Better than you.
VIP
Personally, I'd steer away from the bag/tripod kits. The bag and tripod they provide with the kits are pretty much junkola.