• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

New Cat Needed

Why the comment about normal temps? Doesn't the ZJ have AC?

I miss my ZJ. :(
Um....because 114* isn't normal. :rotflmao:

:yup: it has working a/c.....but to cool the ZJ isn't as user friendly as cooling down the TJ....Plus I love driving the TJ, between the lift/tires and broken mirror.....people move out of my way now. :pirate: Figure if they come our way they are hitting the sliders or tires. :jump:

John

Transplant
VIP
I'm getting a 6 this fall. No point in replacing till then. I bought her phone for her. :bling:

Taz

SORRY N SHIT!
VIP
my slate 5.9 is straight piped with a hollow cat. Looks legal, but it's not.

no inspection/emission states >>>

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
Ended up being an $1,159 repair. Needed a new pre-cat, so everything from the engine to the cat had to be replaced. Sucks big hairy balls, but it is what it is. :owned:

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP

Yeah, I know. I don't have the paperwork on me, but there was over $300 in labor. I think the part was like $700-something. I didn't want to wait and order from Summit and possibly get the wrong one, etc. It was higher than I was expecting and about that I'm disappointed, but kind of wanted it done.

He also said I need a new oil pan and wanted to charge me $450 for that installed - says the book calls for 3 hours of labor on an oil pan replacement? :puzzled:

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Ended up being an $1,159 repair. Needed a new pre-cat, so everything from the engine to the cat had to be replaced. Sucks big hairy balls, but it is what it is. :owned:
OH MY GAT DAMN WHAT HAPPEN?

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
my slate 5.9 is straight piped with a hollow cat. Looks legal, but it's not.

no inspection/emission states >>>
I'm sure that sounds lovely. A buddy's 5.9 Ram was exhausted that way and it sounded like a broken down piece of shit.

jif

A bit nutty
Yeah, I know. I don't have the paperwork on me, but there was over $300 in labor. I think the part was like $700-something. I didn't want to wait and order from Summit and possibly get the wrong one, etc. It was higher than I was expecting and about that I'm disappointed, but kind of wanted it done.

He also said I need a new oil pan and wanted to charge me $450 for that installed - says the book calls for 3 hours of labor on an oil pan replacement? :puzzled:
Do yourself a favor and never return to that shop ever again.

Reactions: Taz

Wharf Rat

Ooomph Ooomph
VIP
oh well. everyone gets raped
Not always. I brought the wife's toyota to a shop 2 weeks ago saying "MIL light on for bad cat, exhaust leaks everywhere, probably needs an entire new exhaust system minus the manifolds."

I was asking to be raped and exptected $1000-$2000 as the bill.

I walked out of there with a $155 bill.

Reactions: Taz