• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Amazon Fire TV (Regular & Stick)

I have the full size Fire TV, it rocks.
I wish there was one service that I could have access to everything. Cable is nice for prime time shows and sports. Netflix I use for movies, but is annoying because if I forget to send something back or update my queue, have nothing to watch. I have never streamed anything from Amazon because it is annoying to have to hook my laptop to the tv, and no remote works, and doesnt seem like the movies i want to watch are on there. It is all so fragmented.

Justin

Damn.
VIP
I wish there was one service that I could have access to everything. Cable is nice for prime time shows and sports. Netflix I use for movies, but is annoying because if I forget to send something back or update my queue, have nothing to watch. I have never streamed anything from Amazon because it is annoying to have to hook my laptop to the tv, and no remote works, and doesnt seem like the movies i want to watch are on there. It is all so fragmented.
GOSH SCOOTER READ A BOOK ONCE IN A WHILE SHEESH

Agreed. I don't even care if the back-end services are fragmented, I just wish there was some kind of front end aggregate service/app. Go into movies, get a list of every movie I have access to no matter what service or local storage it's on. Same for TV shows (and keep track of episodes I've watched as well as a Hulu-like queue for new stuff). I prefer the live tv stuff be separate (mainly sports), but I would like to see recorded TV lumped in with Hulu shows, and older Netflix/Prime shows.

FWIW, Amazon Prime recently took a big step forward with their agreement with HBO - The Supranos, True Blood, Deadwood, Rome, Carnivale, etc. etc. etc. are all free with Prime. Even mini-series like Band of Brothers and The Pacific. Considering that the free 2-day shipping more than pays for itself, Prime is the best deal in streaming services even if I typically watch Netflix and Hulu more.

GOSH SCOOTER READ A BOOK ONCE IN A WHILE SHEESH
LOL...reading that paragraph does make me sound like a tv junkie. To put it into perspective...I have had the same two netflix dvds at home for about 6 weeks. And I deleted the last two episode of Hard Knocks a few days ago because I haven't had time to watch them. I wish I had time to read...before kids and business...I read all the time. Now, the last book I read, I think was late spring/early summer. Funny, I have always wanted to own a used book store.

Short Round

Oppan Gangnam Style
VIP
Hooked up my Fire TV Stick yesterday afternoon.... love it. Much easier and faster than the built-in Sony Bravia interface. It's hooked to the receiver and supports HDMI Control. I hit the Home button on the remote and it fires up (ha) the TV and receiver. By the time the TV is warmed up, the Fire TV is on the home screen. With the Bravia interface, I have to wait 5 minutes before accessing apps.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Hooked up my Fire TV Stick yesterday afternoon.... love it. Much easier and faster than the built-in Sony Bravia interface. It's hooked to the receiver and supports HDMI Control. I hit the Home button on the remote and it fires up (ha) the TV and receiver. By the time the TV is warmed up, the Fire TV is on the home screen. With the Bravia interface, I have to wait 5 minutes before accessing apps.
Mine still hasn't shipped yet- do you remember when you bought yours?

Ralph

VIP
I ordered mine Oct 27... got an email over the weekend that it was shipping. It shows in transit, estimated delivery on Weds.

Mine is supposed to be here Wed the 3rd as well. Still not sure what I'm going to do with it, either find a use for it or give it away as a gift.

From what I've read, it doesn't handle XBMC/Kodi as well as the regular FireTV so that's a potential downer.