• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

American Sniper

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I can't wait. I don't think we get it here in ABQ until middle of January though. :(

synonymous

Better than you.
VIP
Fawk, I just looked up show times, and its not opening here in Phoenix for 2.5 weeks. WTF? Opening Christmas day should mean opening nation-wide.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Fawk, I just looked up show times, and its not opening here in Phoenix for 2.5 weeks. WTF? Opening Christmas day should mean opening nation-wide.
Yeah we got hosed with that shit too.

My brother knew Chris pretty well. He had attended some of Chris's sniper courses at Craft International and shot with him a few times. I actually met him a couple of times and I have to say he was one of the nicest guys you would ever meet. I had invites to the Dallas premiere of the movie but both the wife and I had the flu. We ended up going the day after Christmas. The movie was a really good representation of the guy from what I knew of him. I was really worried about the ending of the film. In the theater I saw it in there was complete silence as the credits rolled and lots of sniffling and crying as folks were exiting. My wife was balling...

Yeah, the ending sucks because we all know it. That's why I don't want to see it I guess.
They do not show his death. It ends as he's leaving the house. They do show footage of his funeral through the credits, but it's a feel good moment just in the amount of support he had.

mcatdtJEEP

I taught a kid who became a sniper. VERY intelligent.... a little crazy. I ran into him after he got out of the military.... all he would say is he won't talk about the things he's seen and done.

I think it's a one off personality type that become snipers. it's not a video game which is what a lot that get weeded out probably think. seeing the eyes of the people you kill before you kill them has got to play with your mind.