• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

American Sniper

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
in terms of historical accuracy.... I have no doubt Selma is further from the truth than American Sniper.

I can only imagine the crap surrounding the filming of that movie in your area....
They spent 10 years crafting the script for Selma, the King family wouldn't allow his quotes to be used, they grossly missrepresented LBJ and Gov. Wallace and left out parts where busloads of yankee hippie scum came down and behaved like animals to provoke a response. They got off easy.

They only filmed two days in Selma and have done nothing for the city except exploit an event for their profit and give themselves the self gratification to pretend their are some sort of pioneers

the white guiit crowd is hardly "really white"

....that's all I can figure he means by the statement. Not 100% though
he thinks he is clever by making veiled klan comments for some reason like a douchebag:rolleyes:

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I think the person deserves respect for his duty and sacrifice to his government. I think its perfectly legit to dismiss this film as propaganda nonsense.

I couldn't disagree more. So your position is that Clint Eastwood sought to create a propaganda vehicle and nothing more with this film?

That's ludicrous

mcatdtJEEP

I couldn't disagree more. So your position is that Clint Eastwood sought to create a propaganda vehicle and nothing more with this film?

That's ludicrous
did he seek out to specifically create a propaganda movie... maybe, maybe not.... it can definately be used as such.

But I have to be carfeful, because I do support the movie's overall message of supporting our troops and honoring their memories.... but propaganda happens when creative liberties on a true story take place. People can't tell the difference between the real and the made for TV parts and think all of it's real whenever "based on real events" is uttered.....

I think Selma was MUCH MORE deliberate in it's purpose to distort facts than Sniper, which was probably simply made to entertain and honor.... but both are not historical documentaries.

mcatdtJEEP

They spent 10 years crafting the script for Selma, the King family wouldn't allow his quotes to be used, they grossly missrepresented LBJ and Gov. Wallace and left out parts where busloads of yankee hippie scum came down and behaved like animals to provoke a response. They got off easy.

They only filmed two days in Selma and have done nothing for the city except exploit an event for their profit and give themselves the self gratification to pretend their are some sort of pioneers
George Wallace..... I tell you, I did a lot of study and research on that man..... probably my best written paper and the one I'm most proud of during my education.

having not seen the film Selma... how did they portray him that was so missrepresented.... I could see how it would be easy to exaggerate his actions greatly.....

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
George Wallace..... I tell you, I did a lot of study and research on that man..... probably my best written paper and the one I'm most proud of during my education.

having not seen the film Selma... how did they portray him that was so missrepresented.... I could see how it would be easy to exaggerate his actions greatly.....
George Wallace Jr. to Oprah Selma portrayal of my father is pure, unadulterated fiction | AL.com

My father was there and watched the bridge crossing. Wallace wanted them to march through uneventful and be done with it. He has the national guard out to prevent snipers from shooting at the marchers; there is zero evidence he ordered state troopers to attack and had given direct orders not to. Selma to Montgomery is 48 miles and there had been a lot of anonymous threats.

mcatdtJEEP

George Wallace Jr. to Oprah Selma portrayal of my father is pure, unadulterated fiction | AL.com

My father was there and watched the bridge crossing. Wallace wanted them to march through uneventful and be done with it. He has the national guard out to prevent snipers from shooting at the marchers; there is zero evidence he ordered state troopers to attack and had given direct orders not to. Selma to Montgomery is 48 miles and there had been a lot of anonymous threats.
So I assume the movie had Wallace order an attack then (again, I haven't seen the movie)

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
So I assume the movie had Wallace order an attack then (again, I haven't seen the movie)
I wont give those people my money to see it, but they did from my understanding, exactly what he commanded them not to do. He was a very astute politician and knew the consequences of any violence. It wasn't king and his core group causing problems, it was people who roamed around flocking to events (exactly what you saw in Missiouri) who were commiting lewd acts in public, targerted the police to provoke responses, and brought caos to an otherwise peaceful city. Selma was a major city before the war and had been a major political, industrial and business hub. Between this nonsense and the airforce base closing in the late 70s, it has slowly died over the last 30 years.
As Selma wows Hollywood critics, white flight and poverty haunt Selma | AL.com

these fools layed down for about two minutes and were immediately arrested by the all black police force, yet CNN writes an article about it because of where it is. This foolishness killed the town and drove most college graduates to other cities like Birmingham. Most of the people I graduated with now live here.
From Selma to Ferguson and back Has anything changed? - CNN.com

Last edited:

BlackDak

Banned
VIP
I am still finishing up the book, probably will wait for the movie to come out on DVD. I can appreciate Kyle's experience but I can also see how it enrages libs. The glib or flippant nature at which he describes killing people is quite shocking. Couple that with his earnest patriotism and he is the liberal definition of an antihero