• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Android mocks crapple "innovations" as five year old google tech

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I have no problem with letting another company/system be first to market with something, working out all the kinks/bugs, then adopting the technology in your own product once it's been perfected.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
you do realize every time you compare the "without delay" crap you are comparing something Apple does not have, to what is basically the equivalent to the android App drawer right? :shush: Ios does not have true home screens, it's a glorified app drawer
As I stated before, post up a list of Android devices which are on a quality level such that they are equal or better than my current devices. I truly want to check them out. Especially when it comes time for my next phone upgrade.

Does Android offer something similar to Apple Care and not through the cell service provider? Last one I had, which was some time ago, it wasn't available and VZW's standard insurance was less than adequate.

Does Android have something similar to iMessage and FaceTime? I've found those key to keep in touch with my family overseas and on the East Coast. FaceTime has always worked better than Skype, IMO.

I dislike going into the APPL store. Whenever I go, I request to deal with the manager to hopefully avoid stereotypicals. :rotflmao:

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
As I stated before, post up a list of Android devices which are on a quality level such that they are equal or better than my current devices. I truly want to check them out. Especially when it comes time for my next phone upgrade.

Does Android offer something similar to Apple Care and not through the cell service provider? Last one I had, which was some time ago, it wasn't available and VZW's standard insurance was less than adequate.

Does Android have something similar to iMessage and FaceTime? I've found those key to keep in touch with my family overseas and on the East Coast. FaceTime has always worked better than Skype, IMO.

I dislike going into the APPL store. Whenever I go, I request to deal with the manager to hopefully avoid stereotypicals. :rotflmao:
Samsung may offer something similar to Applecare, since they now have their own stores.

You do know why Facetime works so much better right? it's because less people use it since it is locked to iOS and Macs. My brother used to use Facetime a lot when he was in Afghanistan to see his kids, but for some damned reason, it failed and we had to go to Skype so he could see my grandmother's funeral. Talk about a crappy time to fail :(

Short Round

Oppan Gangnam Style
VIP

It's a different experience. Apple controls the hardware and software. Android does not have that luxury. Hangouts is closest to iMessage/FaceTime.

I've never had Applecare.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
Samsung may offer something similar to Applecare, since they now have their own stores.

You do know why Facetime works so much better right? it's because less people use it since it is locked to iOS and Macs. My brother used to use Facetime a lot when he was in Afghanistan to see his kids, but for some damned reason, it failed and we had to go to Skype so he could see my grandmother's funeral. Talk about a crappy time to fail :(
You do know I really do understand that, right?

Lots of folks I worked with overseas and who stay or work on military installations say that they can't FaceTime anymore.

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
You do know I really do understand that, right?
then don't whine about it ;) iMessanger is a huge PITA if someone goes off of iOS, it does not like changing back to regular texting

Lots of folks I worked with overseas and who stay or work on military installations say that they can't FaceTime anymore.
it had worked since but just not that day. Now he is back so he doesn't need to worry

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Nope, every android I've owned "performed" like that.
I've had the OG Droid, X, Bionic, and now Galaxy S4 and NEVER had to replace the battery. I did buy the extended battery for the Bionic, but had that day 1

User error. I've owned multiple android phones from the original G1 with 1.0 software forward. Never replaced a battery until I bought two extended batteries for the galaxy nexus last year for my trip out west. Its nice to pop a cover instead of having to perform surgery because crapple builds obsolescence into their products to force the ignorant masses like the bald bear here buy another. :jump:

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
already been done in this thread.

Short Round

Oppan Gangnam Style
VIP
then don't whine about it ;) ] iMessanger is a huge PITA if someone goes off of iOS, it does not like changing back to regular texting

it had worked since but just not that day. Now he is back so he doesn't need to worry
THIS x11ty billion... and I don't like that Apple stores a copy of my messages on their servers, with no ability to delete them.

I don't know the details of Apple Care but when I bought my old phone from Best Buy, I had this warranty that was $10 a month and they would replace my phone no matter how I damaged it. It was well worth it when I jumped in the pool with it.

I have no idea if they still have this though. I bought my old phone about 2 years ago.