• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Android mocks crapple "innovations" as five year old google tech

They are all made in China. jjj
This. Apple products are all about looking good on the outside and cheaping out on the inside. Not to mention the iPhones solid design is because you can't easily take it apart. The S5 feels flimsy because the back pops off and I can change the battery and expand storage. Get back to me when your iPhone is solid AND can do those things.

John

Transplant
VIP
wtf are you walking about? The iPhone 5 is roughly two years old now. iOS7 supports back to iPhone 4. The three came out several years ago. I think you can still use ios6

Ralph

VIP
wtf are you walking about? The iPhone 5 is roughly two years old now. iOS7 supports back to iPhone 4. The three came out several years ago. I think you can still use ios6
When I updated my iPhone 4 to iOS 6, it basically stopped. It was almost entirely unresponsive.

Same thing when I updated my iPhone 3G to iOS 4.

"Here... we're gonna break your old one. Go out and buy a new one."

Yeah, no wonder AAPL went through the roof. Planned obsolescence as a business model.

When I updated my iPhone 4 to iOS 6, it basically stopped. It was almost entirely unresponsive.

Same thing when I updated my iPhone 3G to iOS 4.

"Here... we're gonna break your old one. Go out and buy a new one."

Yeah, no wonder AAPL went through the roof. Planned obsolescence as a business model.
Not to mention the chargers. The S5 now has a wider charging slot for USB 3.0, but it is really just a micro USB with extra on the side. I can still plug in my old micro USB chargers.

Good luck doing that with Apple. Not only do they not follow the standard of almost everyone else with Micro USB, but they also change their own proprietary connection. Not dealing with that.

John

Transplant
VIP
A lightning cable is $15 on amazon. It's not a big deal. It comes with one but I've bought two extras. Zomg, $30. :eek: :eek:

Is that what that extra wide slot is for on the S5? I was wondering about that. The S5 isn't a bad phone. I really liked the battery life. That being said, I would have to root it to be able to live with it. I don't even know how to do that. I like my iPhone 5 because it always works and non techy people like me can figure it out.

A lightning cable is $15 on amazon. It's not a big deal. It comes with one but I've bought two extras. Zomg, $30. :eek: :eek:

Is that what that extra wide slot is for on the S5? I was wondering about that. The S5 isn't a bad phone. I really liked the battery life. That being said, I would have to root it to be able to live with it. I don't even know how to do that. I like my iPhone 5 because it always works and non techy people like me can figure it out.
I just like being able to use the same charger for all of my devices.

I would agree with the iPhone being a good phone as well for the reason you stated. Apple will always be good for that. It just limiting for the technologically adept, like me.

Ralph

VIP
I can figure out how to do things like rooting bit I shouldn't have to.
See, that's the way I felt about the iPhone. In order to get it to do what I wanted to do, I had to jailbreak - and even then I couldn't quite get it to work. It felt like the Playskool phone, to me anyway.

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
I can figure out how to do things like rooting bit I shouldn't have to.
Brock is using a 3 year old phone with the latest software, and technically the original S1 can run kit kat, poorly mind you but it will run. Do that with the iPhone 4S or earlier. My son's first gen ipad wasn't allowed to run an app he needed for school, but an hour playing with a Kindle Fire and rooting it, and we had no problem running it.

You are right, you shouldn't have to root the device, but when you do have to, at least you can with an Android and not have to go pay another $300-$600 for junior high school work.

Short Round

Oppan Gangnam Style
VIP
Brock is using a 3 year old phone with the latest software, and technically the original S1 can run kit kat, poorly mind you but it will run. Do that with the iPhone 4S or earlier. My son's first gen ipad wasn't allowed to run an app he needed for school, but an hour playing with a Kindle Fire and rooting it, and we had no problem running it.

You are right, you shouldn't have to root the device, but when you do have to, at least you can with an Android and not have to go pay another $300-$600 for junior high school work.
I agree with you on the apple products for the most part, but rather the iPhone 4. The 4S had a dual core processor and wasn't that bad running iOS7. My wife's old iPhone 4... huge POS. The 4S and iPad2 had similar architectures and is why they can still decently run the current and upcoming iOS.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
I don't get it. If Android builds a high quality product and has a smooth operating system, please list the devices in this thread. I'm open to looking at Android devices, always have been. It just seems like every Android device, including tablets, have felt like cheap junk. Even the aesthetic of their product is marginal - somewhat lame to say, but true.

I shopped the hell out of Android tablets last Christmas to avoid an iPad Air. I did not want an iPad. I couldn't bring myself to pay for a cheap feeling device that rendered jerky/glitchy response to a fast user. I was more impressed with the Windows productivity tablets than Android. Same can be said about the phones. When I opted for the iphone 5, the comparable Android devices were lacking in quality. I wasn't going to settle for an inferiorly constructed product.

Technically, perhaps the Apple products are behind, I don't know. If most here say they are, they must be. My devices work fluidly and flawlessly without delay or jerky responses. I've yet to experience this with an Android device as of last Christmas. So post up the Android devices to consider. And don't give me that S5 crap. :rotflmao:

If Apple works for you, then by all means stick with it. It seems as if you like the construction of their products, which I would agree is well done.

I can't really compare the OS since I never had an iPhone or any Apple product really, but if it works for you just stick with it. Don't need to fix what isn't broken. If you don't look at things like processor speed and RAM when shopping for a phone, chances are an iPhone is good for you.

Short Round

Oppan Gangnam Style
VIP
I don't get it. If Android builds a high quality product and has a smooth operating system, please list the devices in this thread. I'm open to looking at Android devices, always have been. It just seems like every Android device, including tablets, have felt like cheap junk. Even the aesthetic of their product is marginal - somewhat lame to say, but true.

I shopped the hell out of Android tablets last Christmas to avoid an iPad Air. I did not want an iPad. I couldn't bring myself to pay for a cheap feeling device that rendered jerky/glitchy response to a fast user. I was more impressed with the Windows productivity tablets than Android. Same can be said about the phones. When I opted for the iphone 5, the comparable Android devices were lacking in quality. I wasn't going to settle for an inferiorly constructed product.

Technically, perhaps the Apple products are behind, I don't know. If most here say they are, they must be. My devices work fluidly and flawlessly without delay or jerky responses. I've yet to experience this with an Android device as of last Christmas. So post up the Android devices to consider. And don't give me that S5 crap. :rotflmao:
You're so close minded that it won't matter what any of us suggest. You'll still find a "flaw" that is so "devastatingly bad" that you'll just write it off.