• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Android mocks crapple "innovations" as five year old google tech

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
You're so close minded that it won't matter what any of us suggest. You'll still find a "flaw" that is so "devastatingly bad" that you'll just write it off.
I disagree. In fact, you convinced me to look at Durangos and Grand Cherokees for our new SUV. They weren't on the list before and now they are. We looked at Limiteds of each and like them a lot. Both are much nicer than they used to be, the Durango especially, IMHO.

I will not sit here and fabricate reasons to dislike something. I don't have time for that anymore. I'm too busy these days. :(

Even though I said my HTC Thunderbolt was junk, I preferred its user interface over the other Androids at the time. Perhaps only because that's what I was used to. My buddy had an HTC One and it's slick, but felt fragile. He wound up breaking it, but got a new One as a replacement. He won't buy another brand Droid outside of HTC. :shrug:

Short Round

Oppan Gangnam Style
VIP
I disagree. In fact, you convinced me to look at Durangos and Grand Cherokees for our new SUV. They weren't on the list before and now they are. We looked at Limiteds of each and like them a lot. Both are much nicer than they used to be, the Durango especially, IMHO.

I will not sit here and fabricate reasons to dislike something. I don't have time for that anymore. I'm too busy these days. :(

Even though I said my HTC Thunderbolt was junk, I preferred its user interface over the other Androids at the time. Perhaps only because that's what I was used to. My buddy had an HTC One and it's slick, but felt fragile. He wound up breaking it, but got a new One as a replacement. He won't buy another brand Droid outside of HTC. :shrug:
Forgive me then. The last comment about the S5 swayed my overall sentiment in the last comment.

Didn't realize you ended up driving them. Again, your usual "Chyrco crap" comments in other threads...

The HTC One M8 was on the list, but that camera is inexcusable. 4MP? Even with that special gimmick about 2 lenses. If they were to make the HTC One with the Samsung 16MP camera, I'd buy it in a heart beat.

:beerchug:

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
I don't get it. If Android builds a high quality product and has a smooth operating system, please list the devices in this thread. I'm open to looking at Android devices, always have been. It just seems like every Android device, including tablets, have felt like cheap junk. Even the aesthetic of their product is marginal - somewhat lame to say, but true.

I shopped the hell out of Android tablets last Christmas to avoid an iPad Air. I did not want an iPad. I couldn't bring myself to pay for a cheap feeling device that rendered jerky/glitchy response to a fast user. I was more impressed with the Windows productivity tablets than Android. Same can be said about the phones. When I opted for the iphone 5, the comparable Android devices were lacking in quality. I wasn't going to settle for an inferiorly constructed product.

Technically, perhaps the Apple products are behind, I don't know. If most here say they are, they must be. My devices work fluidly and flawlessly without delay or jerky responses. I've yet to experience this with an Android device as of last Christmas. So post up the Android devices to consider. And don't give me that S5 crap. :rotflmao:
the S5 is as better or superior to your crapple phones. :rotflmao:

HTC One M8, Sony Xperia Z2, LG G3, Google Nexus 5, all take your iphlop :jump:

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I don't get it. If Android builds a high quality product and has a smooth operating system, please list the devices in this thread. I'm open to looking at Android devices, always have been. It just seems like every Android device, including tablets, have felt like cheap junk. Even the aesthetic of their product is marginal - somewhat lame to say, but true.

I shopped the hell out of Android tablets last Christmas to avoid an iPad Air. I did not want an iPad. I couldn't bring myself to pay for a cheap feeling device that rendered jerky/glitchy response to a fast user. I was more impressed with the Windows productivity tablets than Android. Same can be said about the phones. When I opted for the iphone 5, the comparable Android devices were lacking in quality. I wasn't going to settle for an inferiorly constructed product.

Technically, perhaps the Apple products are behind, I don't know. If most here say they are, they must be. My devices work fluidly and flawlessly without delay or jerky responses. I've yet to experience this with an Android device as of last Christmas. So post up the Android devices to consider. And don't give me that S5 crap. :rotflmao:
As far as physical feel the HTC makes even the Apple devices feel flimsy. Most of the others are a bit plasticky - you know, most phones were plastic and kind of cheesy from the beginning of cell phones. Nobody really took up the idea of a luxurious/robust physical design until Apple did it. A couple of others have tried it out (HTC as mentioned, Motorola at the end of their non-Google-owned run, maybe others.) Most companies I think realize the money is better spent on a great screen, fast internals, etc since people stick them in an ugly-ass otterbox anyway. The S5, for example, is a SHITLOAD better technically in every way than the 5S -- you pick either capability or a nicely constructed device. I don't think either one is a wrong choice. The 5S is nice as hell. I haven't found a single thing I dislike about it. My S4 is just a bit faster and better at everything, but feels like a piece of plastic shit.

Also a fair number of Android features that beat iOS features to your hand are a bit shitty and unreliable when they come out. It's the same shit we've seen for a jillion years - Apple OS gets a feature and everyone says "LAWL MY WINDOWS MACHINE HAS HAD THAT FOR YEARS." Windows gets a feature and the dorks say "LAWL MY LINUX MACHINE HAS HAD THAT FOR YEARS." Ubuntu gets a feature and the super ****ing dorks say "LAWL MY BLAR-BLAR-BULLSHIT-NOBODY-EVER-BOUGHT MACHINE HAS HAD THAT FOR YEARS." It goes on and on. Stability and smoothness come from perfection, which comes from testing, field use, etc. Apple locks their junk down so that damn near everything that gets to you works well, but it takes a long time to get to you. Some of the manufacturers and providers try to lock down Android like that, but they aren't nearly as restrictive.

That's just the nature of the beast. Either you want new shit or you want stable shit - you have to pick where you want to live on that slider. Then you also have the build quality slider. I have yet to find the right spot.

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist

and that statement right there proves you are buying iOS as jewelry, not for actual technology

Short Round

Oppan Gangnam Style
VIP
Kind of. At least with my 4S, you could switch between apps, but due to the limitations of the phone, it might restart the app.... facebook app was notorious for that, but that's more of a developer thing. Going between apple iOS apps was no problem.

Wife's 5S doesn't have the problem I had.... probably the 3 year old phone limitation.

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
Kind of. At least with my 4S, you could switch between apps, but due to the limitations of the phone, it might restart the app.... facebook app was notorious for that, but that's more of a developer thing. Going between apple iOS apps was no problem.

Wife's 5S doesn't have the problem I had.... probably the 3 year old phone limitation.
it was not a developer problem, it was an iOS problem. You couldn't do true multitasking until I believe iOS6 (maybe it was 7). And iOS 8 STILL cannot do side by side like winmo and Android

Short Round

Oppan Gangnam Style
VIP
it was not a developer problem, it was an iOS problem. You couldn't do true multitasking until I believe iOS6 (maybe it was 7). And iOS 8 STILL cannot do side by side like winmo and Android
In the instance I mentioned, I believe it's the developer. Facebook's iOS app is crap. Hell, it's Android app is crap. I wish they would develop Paper for Android.

I suppose your definition of multitasking is much "greater" than mine. I have side by side or multiscreen stuff on my S5, but I never use it. Don't see a need, personally.

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
In the instance I mentioned, I believe it's the developer. Facebook's iOS app is crap. Hell, it's Android app is crap. I wish they would develop Paper for Android.

I suppose your definition of multitasking is much "greater" than mine. I have side by side or multiscreen stuff on my S5, but I never use it. Don't see a need, personally.
yeah, I've had it on my S4 since the beginning as well and never use it either. But the fact remains, it's there if I want but Apple cannot do it... well until they "invent" it in iOS10 that is :shush:

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I'm not going to make that claim since I haven't had mine that long, but have you had an Android phone for 2 years?

I never had an android phone come close to that. More like you need a battery replacement before one year. And don't forget the constant battery pulls to get the shit to reset all the time.

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
I never had an android phone come close to that. More like you need a battery replacement before one year. And don't forget the constant battery pulls to get the shit to reset all the time.
I've never had to replace a battery after a year. And there were plenty of times I had to soft reset my son's iPhone 4.

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
Wrong. I bought it because it works flawlessly, every time without delay and the phone itself was by far the highest quality piece of equipment at the time.
you do realize every time you compare the "without delay" crap you are comparing something Apple does not have, to what is basically the equivalent to the android App drawer right? :shush: Ios does not have true home screens, it's a glorified app drawer