• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

are all the people to say "i tried pot once but didn't like it"

ericdag [JU]

Archived
Does it alter your frame of reference? Revise the way you behave from when your wits are about you?

For the record, I don't enjoy being drunk either.

Personal taste, nothing more.
you've watched reefer madness too much. :clapping:

GOOD pot will just relax you. you always have "your wits" as you call it.

DMT FTW.

The drug seperates the wall between your subconscious and conscious mind, Essentially causing you to dream while wide awake.
Upon "waking", you feel like a million bucks, better than any cocaine or MDMA you could ever find, Essentially, You are re-born.

The drug is most commonly produced inside the human brain stem in the first 28 days of life as a baby. After that point, It is stored in the brain and is only released upon brain/body communication stating that the body is dead. The DMT is released throughout your brain and system, numbing pain, freeing the mind and drifting your subconscious off into the land of death.

walt [JU]

Archived
I smoked one time when I was 15. Fell asleep about 15 mins later. Saw no need to try it again. :disagree:

Now if I could find some tested e, I'd probably do it again.

might straigten you out.
That would be a crutch no less than needing a shot of whiskey before doing certain things. Needing such a crutch to accomplish something is a sign of failure and those who require it should do the world a favor and :/self:.

I have found that by looking at things from an objective point of view has done wonders for me. Wonders that mental crutches cannot and have not.

That would be a crutch no less than needing a shot of whiskey before doing certain things. Needing such a crutch to accomplish something is a sign of failure and those who require it should do the world a favor and :/self:.

I have found that by looking at things from an objective point of view has done wonders for me. Wonders that mental crutches cannot and have not.
Self-reliance is the way to go.

I even avoid common medicine, but I do enjoy drinking when I feel it's a worthy occasion. I had friends that would "wake and bake." Key word = HAD. They become lazy, started doing other drugs, beginning with shrooms, then pills+alcohol, then occasional cocaine. Pissed me off.

I made the mistake of being piss drunk both times I tried it, so I don't really know how it felt. It's probably for the best, because I get addicted to damn near everything I like. If I had tried it sober I'd probably be a burn-out living in a rusty trailer in the middle of nowhere smoking some skunky **** I grew in my back yard.

grigsby [JU]

Archived
i've never had any desire to smoke anything

now a few hits of lsd over the years was something different.....until I had a seizure from it once in an Atlanta night club and got a flashy light ride over to northside hospital.

I have never tried it. Not that I have anything majorly against it other than it's illegal, but I would have the same objections to cigerrettes if they were to become illegal.

But I realized I was going to be a teacher by Freshman year of highschool. I also knew that if/when I got caught doing it, if I got arrested for it, I'd pretty much end my career before it ever got started.

Even in college, when I had some major stoner room mates, they'd try to get me to try it when I'd ask them not to do it while I was home (since if they got caught redhanded, with me in the room, I could still have future professional reprocussions from it)

They still would blaze even after asking nicely, numerous times, not while I was there. Even the contact from them doing it gave me a major headache. I told them about that, they still continued. I realized that even though I was being nice in how I approached it, they weren't returning the favor and being considerate to my problems with having illegal substances in my room, even if it was them. When I realized I was being blown off as some anti-pot guy trying to kill their buzz (which I wasn't, I didn't care if they did it, just not in our room), I decided to change my asking to an ultimatum. I told them, they WILL NOT smoke it in the room PERIOD (not just when I'm gone). I told them I asked nicely and was ignored, so now I'm telling them.

They got pissed and asked what right I had to tell them to stop. I told them I wasn't trying to get them to stop, just stop in the room. They said I had no right to tell them they couldn't in the room. I told them that this wasn't up for debate, it's illegal, can cost me my future career and if they did it again, that I was calling the cops personally.

The mood changed quickly. I thought I was about to get my 120 # ass kicked.

I really don't care if people smoke it, but I have too much to lose if it's around me. Another school in town had a vice principal get fired for it this year. My old band director got fired for it in his house. It was his wife's and she was also a teacher. One was going down either way, he took the fall. Bad thing was, after he lost his job, she divorced him

My wife did it as a kid but quit when she got preggo and never got started back, or at least, hasn't since I got with her. She doesn't mind her friends doing it but I told her to make one thing clear to them, that her friends were not going to bring it in my house. She can tell them as nicely as they want but to make sure they did it, because I was not going to be nice about it if I found it in my house (ie- them bringing it in with them, etc.)

When I retire from teaching, I may try it, but I've had no real desire to right now. Hell, by the time I retire, I don't see a point in starting at 60, either, but never say never. I'm just not risking it while I'm teaching.

Tinker [JU]

Archived
Yeah I have tried pot and I thought "hey this is pretty good, I better try some more just to make sure" so for several years I sampled various kinds, you know for scientific research. I haven't "sampled" any now for about 16 years.:2cents:

I loved pot... Was the best thing in the world besides alcohol. Then I guess I grew up, or something.

I am a major control freak, and have a seriously addictive personality. Weed did lead me to other drugs... coke, E, shrooms, speed, quaaludes, mescaline, special K, pyote, etc.

Eventually I just did not like not being in control of my body. I still enjoy the hell out of alcohol, probably on an alcoholic level. Its my drug of choice these days. I still enjoy the smell of pot though. Really good bud is like potpouri.