• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Attn: Camera people...

Josh

meh
Whoa! Wonder if elements can do that. Looks like CS2 & CS3.

Sweet pics. That's really cool shiat. :beerchug:

cdnjeepin

Canuckian
VIP
Tried that a few times with cs3..but nothing serious...might have to go snap some pics and try it again

Josh

meh
I dunno about Elements. :shrug: Leon would know since I think he uses.
I thought he was using aperture. Maybe it is elements.

I didn't really think things through when I bought that. I don't really use it. :(

I thought :wifey: would, but she doesn't. *MY* problem is when I take pictures, being color blind, I don't see the things that you guys are picking up on, and so I don't know what is "wrong." So, for example, that pic of mine of the cabin and castle rock:

Leon fixed one of them by adjusting the colors, but for the honest-to-God life of me, I cannot see the difference in colors. :( So, I haven't bothered to really play with it. Mostly I was going to use it to make funny chops, but never had time to learn. :teary:

I don't think Elements can do it, I remember researching a while back. Someday I want to try it with a heavily shaded waterfall that I go to.

Wool E. Bull

Thank you.
I thought he was using aperture. Maybe it is elements.

I didn't really think things through when I bought that. I don't really use it. :(

I thought :wifey: would, but she doesn't. *MY* problem is when I take pictures, being color blind, I don't see the things that you guys are picking up on, and so I don't know what is "wrong." So, for example, that pic of mine of the cabin and castle rock:

Leon fixed one of them by adjusting the colors, but for the honest-to-God life of me, I cannot see the difference in colors. :( So, I haven't bothered to really play with it. Mostly I was going to use it to make funny chops, but never had time to learn. :teary:
Time to just shoot b&w. :D Probably one of my favorite photogs...
http://www.scottcunningham.com/index.elements/010304_conceptual01.html

Josh

meh
Good stuff! His landscapes have a few shots I like. But I like his color ones better.

I LIKE the colors. I just probably don't see them the same. :D That's why I like bright and bold colors. I also do not care for match (obviously).

synonymous

Better than you.
VIP
DSLRS should have a bracketing/HDR function where you tripod it, set the function to active, and press the button, stand back, and 10 seconds later you have all the input you need for HDR combination.

synonymous

Better than you.
VIP
Chuck, non HDR related question, but as you are familiar with Nikon Bodies....

I had the SB600 left on the cam from shooting with the 18-200, and it goes into standby mode when you turn the body off, and comes back on when you turn it on, so I really didn't think anything of it, but I was trying to shoot in full manual or shutter priority modes (neither was working for me), and the camera would NOT go above 1/200th shutter speed, no matter what I did. UNTIL.. I turned the SB600 off, then it instantly shot up to the 1/1000th I was trying to do with the 50 wide-open. WTF is up with that? It obviously didn't need the flash with a 1.4 aperture in a well-lit room at 1/1000th. Is this some sort of interlock with the SB600 and the D80?

Wool E. Bull

Thank you.
Chuck, non HDR related question, but as you are familiar with Nikon Bodies....

I had the SB600 left on the cam from shooting with the 18-200, and it goes into standby mode when you turn the body off, and comes back on when you turn it on, so I really didn't think anything of it, but I was trying to shoot in full manual or shutter priority modes (neither was working for me), and the camera would NOT go above 1/200th shutter speed, no matter what I did. UNTIL.. I turned the SB600 off, then it instantly shot up to the 1/1000th I was trying to do with the 50 wide-open. WTF is up with that? It obviously didn't need the flash with a 1.4 aperture in a well-lit room at 1/1000th. Is this some sort of interlock with the SB600 and the D80?
I'm pretty sure the max flash sync speed on the D80 is 1/200. It's not much higher the more you move up the line tho. The D3 does allow for faster but it decreases the range on the flash.

synonymous

Better than you.
VIP
I'm pretty sure the max flash sync speed on the D80 is 1/200. It's not much higher the more you move up the line tho. The D3 does allow for faster but it decreases the range on the flash.
So even though the flash wasn't needed, it still imposed the 1/200th limitation? I didn't even think of turning the flash off until I had tried everything I could think of on the body, and was having some serious frustration over the matter.

Wool E. Bull

Thank you.
So even though the flash wasn't needed, it still imposed the 1/200th limitation? I didn't even think of turning the flash off until I had tried everything I could think of on the body, and was having some serious frustration over the matter.
I think that's right...I'll be honest, I haven't used my SB800 since I got the D3 so recollecton is fuzzy. I believe that if the flash is on and in default fill mode then it's "ready" to assist with light. Best thing to do if you don't want the flash is turn it off. That's what I've always done. :shrug:

synonymous

Better than you.
VIP
I think that's right...I'll be honest, I haven't used my SB800 since I got the D3 so recollecton is fuzzy. I believe that if the flash is on and in default fill mode then it's "ready" to assist with light. Best thing to do if you don't want the flash is turn it off. That's what I've always done. :shrug:
So, the solution is obviously not flash related, but instead, due to lack of D3 and 2.8 or faster glass ;) ?