• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Attn: Camera people...

synonymous

Better than you.
VIP
Again, DSLRs should have a port for operating the camera from software. Pull up application on laptop, press "create HDR image", and the camera takes as many bracketed shots as you want to use, loads them to the computer, and generates HDR pic.

Again, DSLRs should have a port for operating the camera from software. Pull up application on laptop, press "create HDR image", and the camera takes as many bracketed shots as you want to use, loads them to the computer, and generates HDR pic.

quit taking the fun out of it.

Wool E. Bull

Thank you.

Wool E. Bull

Thank you.
^ that is neat. Would be worth trying out if I had a 300 or 3 with live view.
Even without LiveView...pretty cool...most guys use it in studio, etc. I always wanted to be able to setup a hummingbird feeder and control the camera from my desk at work, take pix, post to web, etc.

synonymous

Better than you.
VIP
Even without LiveView...pretty cool...most guys use it in studio, etc. I always wanted to be able to setup a hummingbird feeder and control the camera from my desk at work, take pix, post to web, etc.
How would you know when a subject was there without live-view?

Wool E. Bull

Thank you.
How would you know when a subject was there without live-view?
You wouldn't...on my D200 I wanted to just setup a web cam and let me/friends/family nav to the web cam, click button to snap a pic, upload and display on the web page. With LiveView it'd be even better obviously since you'd get to see thru the lens rather than bird's eye from web cam. My major holdup has been figuring out how to attract hummingbirds and fend off squirrels.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
On my camera, I can set it to expand its dynamic range w/o bracketing. I haven't had a chance to mess around with it still. I thought it was possible to take a pic and just use your processing software to make it HDR?

You gotta love that sky. HDR skies at dusk or storm time are fantastic...
I like HDR photos when not overdone. I've seen lots of pics overdone and they look like cartoons. IMHO, some of those shots, even though they're really cool, look a bit toon-like.

synonymous

Better than you.
VIP
You wouldn't...on my D200 I wanted to just setup a web cam and let me/friends/family nav to the web cam, click button to snap a pic, upload and display on the web page. With LiveView it'd be even better obviously since you'd get to see thru the lens rather than bird's eye from web cam. My major holdup has been figuring out how to attract hummingbirds and fend off squirrels.
Squirrels like sugar-water and have itty bitty tongues?

synonymous

Better than you.
VIP
On my camera, I can set it to expand its dynamic range w/o bracketing. I haven't had a chance to mess around with it still. I thought it was possible to take a pic and just use your processing software to make it HDR?
HITF does it do that? Vary iso over the duration of the exposure?

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
HITF does it do that? Vary iso over the duration of the exposure?
How it came, it says I can increase the dynamic range after activating it and it shows ISO 100-400 as selected. There might be a way to change the ISO range, but I haven't messed with it.

This place is a dust bowl. I'll mess around with the camera more while on R&R in August. I still need processing software.

synonymous

Better than you.
VIP
How it came, it says I can increase the dynamic range after activating it and it shows ISO 100-400 as selected. There might be a way to change the ISO range, but I haven't messed with it.

This place is a dust bowl. I'll mess around with the camera more while on R&R in August. I still need processing software.
What camera?