• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Bike crew talk to me about mountian bike forks.

CF...the bar landed right on a nasty jutted rock. Not a scratch anywhere else but the bar was toast. I prefer straight as well but curved was a slightly better fit. I'll make straight fit. :)

Cool. :)

Glad the spill sounded like nothing to speak of, short of a new bar.
:beerchug: I was about to abandon ship pretty quick thanks to the plats...it was a really fast descent with crap branches everywhere and I hit a thick patch of slick leaves after rain...it just went.

Josh [JU]

Archived
We do a lot of fast/technical downhill...I'm really happy I finally gave up the clippies. Plus I can't afford any serious bangs/bruises at this point with so much road racing coming.
I'm looking for less technical, more climbs, less down. :D

Something I won't have to unclip for. :D

Josh [JU]

Archived
I've been thinking about this too. I have junk Manitou Axel fork on rockhopper. By any standards, it is junk.

On the most technical downhills, it isn't flexing, and I'm not really small. :puzzled: Granted, I don't weight what some of you do, but the leverage of my height probably easily exceeds Willy Tyler and pre-loss Off Camber.

WTF are you guys doing?

I've been thinking about this too. I have junk Manitou Axel fork on rockhopper. By any standards, it is junk.

On the most technical downhills, it isn't flexing, and I'm not really small. :puzzled: Granted, I don't weight what some of you do, but the leverage of my height probably easily exceeds Willy Tyler and pre-loss Off Camber.

WTF are you guys doing?

It probably is flexing and you just don't realize it.

I would be willing bet it is part of the reason why you are bailing all the time. Rent a bike with a more upscale fork or go to a demo day sometime and see if you can feel a difference . . .

Josh [JU]

Archived
It probably is flexing and you just don't realize it.

I would be willing bet it is part of the reason why you are bailing all the time. Rent a bike with a more upscale fork or go to a demo day sometime and see if you can feel a difference . . .
No, that definitely isn't it. I bail because I get moving without looking at what is ahead. :D

Josh [JU]

Archived
On Rockhopper, I definitely have no complaints on fork/frame.

I would say on the stuff I've done lately, I do sort of regret my earlier feelings on disk brakes. :agree: And lately, a FS would be sort of nice.

hahaha...very funny!

I recently broke the frame for the second time on my Yeti. The Fox 36Talas RC2 that is on it hasn't let me down once.

So the question is, where you watching this thread and not answering or did you not know this thread existed but found it doing a search for your name? :puzzled:

And Fox > *.shox I've ever tried. :agree:

So the question is, where you watching this thread and not answering or did you not know this thread existed but found it doing a search for your name? :puzzled:

And Fox > *.shox I've ever tried. :agree:
I just happened to see the bike post and replied when I saw the thread. Lately about all I read on here are the bike crew posts. I probably wouldnt have been on here but I was up half the night in pain from the eating the bike on "no brakes" at Erwin yesterday.

Wow. They're obviously probably going to warranty it?

If not, you gonna stick with Yeti or do something else?
Yup it's warranteed. My frame was supposed to be here yesterday. I'm pretty sure I'm getting one of the 2008 hydroformed frames as a replacement. I keep forgetting to call MadDuck and find out for sure. I thought about selling the new frame and buying a Yeti AS-X but haven't found a decent deal yet. I'm ready for a squishy again. A week of riding the hardtail is tearing my knees up.

Josh [JU]

Archived
Yup it's warranteed. My frame was supposed to be here yesterday. I'm pretty sure I'm getting one of the 2008 hydroformed frames as a replacement. I keep forgetting to call MadDuck and find out for sure. I thought about selling the new frame and buying a Yeti AS-X but haven't found a decent deal yet. I'm ready for a squishy again. A week of riding the hardtail is tearing my knees up.
The yeti you broke isn't that soft?

I just happened to see the bike post and replied when I saw the thread. Lately about all I read on here are the bike crew posts. I probably wouldnt have been on here but I was up half the night in pain from the eating the bike on "no brakes" at Erwin yesterday.
Sorry about the pain. How's your back doing BTW?