• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Grand Theft Auto Five

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
My intent will just be to drive around (occasionally fly or boat) with invincibility cheat turned on, and cause chaos.

The reason I'm buying this version is the entire map is unlocked from the start of the game.In previous versions you were limited to certain areas until you completed missions. This is a fairly huge virtual world you can fly/drive/parachute/scuba dive in. And shoot people.
Can you buy the unlocked version from the Xbox store? I'd much prefer to buy a downloadable game than having to stick the stupid DVD in every time I want to play.

Considering buying it myself.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
From what I hear you need/want the data on the DVD and the drive, if all the data is loaded onto the box drive performance suffers, A LOT, because there isn't bandwidth to read everything needed. By far the best performance on xbox was with the install data installed to the hard drive and the play disc in the DVD drive. (There is an option to install the play disc but it is a bad idea.)

It was speculated perhaps installing the play disc to a different drive like a flash drive instead of the hard drive would help but wasn't tested.

FYI- Post office delivered this to my house about 2:30PM... where the 10:39AM deliver came from, who knows?

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
I sincerely doubt that the DVD will ever be "faster" than the HDD. Either way, I'll take the performance hit to not have to load a DVD every time I want to play. I f'n hate that.

Greatest game I've played since GTA IV. You'd be missing out if you didn't play the story. Its like a movie, except you have a say in the choices the characters make.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
No digital delivery. May hit up Best Buy tomorrow.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
So apparently there are a few missions you have to get through before you get to the part where you can free explore. It's a little more than a tutorial but setup in a way you know learn some basics before you start the real game.

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
I was up by Trevor's trailer and had the cops after me, went into the trailer (supposed to be a safe house) and they still busted me :rant:

Safehouses aren't safe anymore. I prefer it that way. Walking into a house doesn't magically make the cops not want to chase you.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Got it. Installed it. :wifey: then took over the TV asserting that since it's her bday that she can do what she wants with the TV. I should beat her.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Got a "Private Dance" in the Strip Club- Was not expecting to see the naked boobies. :clapping:
I saw a cop on a motorcycle running radar and went to jack his bike.... before I could he took off chasing an SUV. He and the occupants of the SUV started having a gunfight and he got knocked off the bike. I stopped to get the bike but he wasn't dead and was heading for it too. Before he got to the bike however, another cop mowed him down. :jump: