• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

John Oliver’s scathing take on Ferguson

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
After watching that clip, I can guarantee that I'll never watch his show. What a sniveling twat.

The "militarization" whine is a complete crock of shit.
Agreed. Not only that, but I can't fault police for using as much military equipment as they can get their hands one when the animals in the street are calling for their blood. Simply put, if I'm going into a situation with an irrational mob of scumbags that are looting and committing acts of violence against civilians and police, I'm going to choose to do so in the safest manner (in respect to my safety) possible.

If you're going to roll into the hood in a marked police vehicle during riots where people are shooting, would you rather be in a Dodge Charger with doors made of 1/16" aluminum and regular automobile glass or in an armored vehicle that the Marines might have used in Afghanistan?

I know which one I'd choose and I can't fault the police for wanting to protect themselves from rioting animals.

I'm also not going to get bent out of shape over a photo without context. It's perfectly normal for police to be pointing their guns during any sort of "felony stop". The suspect having their hands in the air changes nothing.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Some of his "rants" (I hope he's paying Dennis Miller a royalty) are spot-on...this one, not so much.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Not only that, but I can't fault police for using as much military equipment as they can get their hands one when the animals in the street are calling for their blood.
Short sighted... that military equipment are what the police is going to be using to oppress us when Obama tells them to go door to door to confiscate your guns. The police should not have the power to oppress the citizens they are there to protect.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
One of my absolute favorites, still holds up too. Watched dozens of times growing up - well quoted within my family. In fact, my mom gave a DVD copy to my first wife when we got married so she would understand what the family was saying. :rotflmao::rotflmao:
I'm watching it in the background now. That security dude at the front desk of Nakatomi Plaza is a ****ing dickhead. Makes John type Holly's name in, then when he finds it says "30th floor - they're the only ones left in the building." Why didn't you tell him that in the first place asshole?

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Kind of hard to resist tyranny when the police are the military. It can be done but it wasn't supposed to be like this.

Glenn

Desert Dweller
VIP
That is NOT a tank. Stop falling in to the trap set by the media. They did the same thing with "assault rifles".

that is not a transport vehicle....

you don't need tanks for every disturbance.... but the ones you do.... you need to call in the guard.... not just give cops tanks...

as far as repurposing... absolutely.... give them to the Gaurd

mcatdtJEEP

That is NOT a tank. Stop falling in to the trap set by the media. They did the same thing with "assault rifles".
I agree... that's not a tank like the army has.... what would you call it. It's not a people transporter... it's an armored something or another. I chose that pic because 1. it popped up with a google "police tanks" search and 2. because it had the "police" on it indicating it wasn't a National Guard vehicle or somethign

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Short sighted... that military equipment are what the police is going to be using to oppress us when Obama tells them to go door to door to confiscate your guns. The police should not have the power to oppress the citizens they are there to protect.
I don't see the police using such things to oppress anyone. I see them trying to control a riot.

Glenn

Desert Dweller
VIP
As Jays said, it is an APC. Armored Personnel Carrier.

I agree... that's not a tank like the army has.... what would you call it. It's not a people transporter... it's an armored something or another. I chose that pic because 1. it popped up with a google "police tanks" search and 2. because it had the "police" on it indicating it wasn't a National Guard vehicle or somethign

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
APC should be used with caution. It's designed to assault quickly and with agility. It's not designed to sit in a spot and control riots. It's designed to go into an area, **** it up and get the fawk out. Don't blow smoke up your own asses.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
APC should be used with caution. It's designed to assault quickly and with agility. It's not designed to sit in a spot and control riots. It's designed to go into an area, **** it up and get the fawk out. Don't blow smoke up your own asses.
So it carries people and equipment into potentially dangerous areas. Perfect for riots at home and much better than ISSIS scum driving them if we had left them in iraq. Would you feel better if the LE arrived in school buses?

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
So it carries people and equipment into potentially dangerous areas. Perfect for riots at home and much better than ISSIS scum driving them if we had left them in iraq. Would you feel better if the LE arrived in school buses?
Don't really give a shit about that right now. What I saw from the LEO's was very disappointing, they should have done some protecting, in stead they stood there like a lump of shit and confronted a mob. Again, they should have protected the community. I don't see where that took place.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Don't really give a shit about that right now. What I saw from the LEO's was very disappointing, they should have done some protecting, in stead they stood there like a lump of shit and confronted a mob. Again, they should have protected the community. I don't see where that took place.
don't really give a shit /= pounding out responses

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
The focus should have been on protecting the community. They didn't do that, they pulled out all of their mil-surp bullshit and confronted a mob with it. Meanwhile tax paying businesses that employ people are looted and now unable to do business. Nothing got solved, just escalated.