• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Ju Med Advice Needed- Is this the Skin cancer?

Well it was cut off this morning... didn't feel a thing- but it smelt like hamburger... MMMmmmm... hamburger.

The doc was glad I came in for sure... she said it was suspicious enough and asked what made me decide to come in since a lot of people see things like that and don't for a long time... Did not want to explain "this Jeep forum OT section... " so left it as "a friend."

It's off to Biopsy land... they'll let me know next week what it is on a 'scale of abnormality" - if its really abnormal I'll have to come back for them to make a deeper cut a get a couple stitches- otherwise what they did will be enough... got a quick check out- none of the other marks/spots are worrisome.
Sure hope you went to a Derm and not just a family doc to get checked out.

The biopsy results are in...

Normal mole... with atypical characteristic... It's OK for now... Follow up in 3 months and then get it checked annually... moles with these characteristics have a 1 in 100 chance of becoming the cancer.

To celebrate I'm going to get some cheeseburgers from McDonalds!

Yes, I'm glad you were right too, but I'm equally glad for the people on here that convinced me to get it looked at- I got lucky but it could have gone either way.

Joe,

Make sure you stick with those 30 day appointments, and have someone look at the others to make sure they're not changing, or you'll look like this:

A lot of the moles/freckles will come back as atypical, but it's best to keep an eye on them. The 3 bigger ones I had on my back for 20+ years.
Don't fawk around with it...and I do speak from experience. :agree:
Glad the results came back good. :thup2:

I don't have 30 day appointments, they said come back in November to check for repigmentation and then it would probably just to keep up with annual checkup... but man, that is crazy that pic- is it you?

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
I miss Rich. I have his story archived somewhere I think.