• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Kitchen Remodel Thread v2

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
The only cabinet I have ever had a problem getting level was the lazy-susan, since it is round and you can't access the back to shim it once it is in place.
We don't have any 90* corners in which to put a lazy susan, so we'll probably not run into any real problems in that respect. My only real concern is rebuilding the kitchen island. Not in terms of complexity, but rather the unknowns. I'm not really certain how I want to do it, other than I don't want it to be the same shape/location that it currently is.

just because you have open space on your countertops, doesn't mean you have to fill every square inch with junk. What a fawking cluttered mess.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
just because you have open space on your countertops, doesn't mean you have to fill every square inch with junk. What a fawking cluttered mess.
The following things live on my counters as storing them and having to pull them out to use simply doesn't make sense:

* Keurig
* K-cup holder
* Toaster oven
* Paper towel holder
* Sodastream
* 3-biottle wine rack
* 3 bottles with spouts containing cooking oil, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar
* 4 jars containing rice, sugar, flour, and brown sugar
* Jar holding spatulas and cooking utensils
* Cutting boards
* Knife block

synonymous

Better than you.
VIP
The following things live on my counters as storing them and having to pull them out to use simply doesn't make sense:

* Keurig
* K-cup holder
* Toaster oven
* Paper towel holder
* Sodastream
* 3-biottle wine rack
* 3 bottles with spouts containing cooking oil, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar
* 4 jars containing rice, sugar, flour, and brown sugar
* Jar holding spatulas and cooking utensils
* Cutting boards
* Knife block

Leon would shit a brick if he saw my kitchen. It is relatively clutter free like once per year. House gets completely destroyed multiple times per day with those three kids.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Leon would shit a brick if he saw my kitchen. It is relatively clutter free like once per year. House gets completely destroyed multiple times per day with those three kids.
One of my annoyances is that the island becomes a "landing zone" for everything when we walk in the door. Keys, jackets, bags, etc. One of the things I would like to do if/when we build, is to select a design that gives some thought to how traffic typically flows through the house.

For starters, I'd like a butler's pantry off of the garage and connecting to the laundry room. Would double as a mud room, place to drop keys, bags, shoes, jackets, etc. A number of other things come to mind, but that's one big one for me.

sell the two little ones to gypsies.....keep KEW....she'll probably be pretty useful.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
I can only assume that Reon and TOH don't really use the kitchen. I can't imagine having nothing on the counters and having to go digging through cabinets to pull out the coffee machine or toaster oven.... or heading to the pantry to get oil when you need a splash in the pan you're cooking in.

I can only assume that Reon and TOH don't really use the kitchen. I can't imagine having nothing on the counters and having to go digging through cabinets to pull out the coffee machine or toaster oven.... or heading to the pantry to get oil when you need a splash in the pan you're cooking in.
oh...we use the kitchen.....TOH kept it cluttered. until I started throwing all of her shit away. she has learned to keep it tidy.

synonymous

Better than you.
VIP
Our kitchen goes as follows:
Desk area... piled high with wife and kid's crap. wall-end of penninnsula more junk, the toaster if not put away, crock pot if not put away, misc. bread type shit which won't fit in the pantry.... stove (two CIS stacked, tea kettle, S&P, and honey on the stove ), jar (with ladels, tongs, spider, spoons, wisks, etc), knife block, bowl in corner (containing who knows what), glass jars (holding metric ass-loads of k-cups), drying rack, sink, paper towel holder, keurig.

My kitchen is used for three meals a day, pretty much every day of the year. The stove is used every day. CIS used daily (why they are never put away), coffee maker used multiple times per day. Drying rack constantly full because we cook. Dishwasher run 2-3 times per day on the weekend.

Last edited:

SAD

Wants $4.50 Gas
VIP
We have very little on our counter tops...

Coffee pot
Grinder
Hand soap dispenser
Scrub brush holder thingy
Paper towel holder
Microwave ( heehee )
Trivet and tea kettle
Knife block and sharpener
Spoon dip
Salt/pepper (4)

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Re-measured the walls and sketched the base and wall cabinets that I think will fit the dimensions.

Base cabinets:

Wall cabinets:

Last edited:

synonymous

Better than you.
VIP
Only time the kitchen stays clean and organized is when I'm playing a bachelor when everybody is gone during the summer.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
Only time our kitchen stays clean is in my imagination while I'm at work. I'll usually snap and go on a shredding and throwing shit away spree during my second or third cup of coffee on a Saturday morning every two to three weeks.