• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

More Style Changes

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Bear with me as I am updating the JUOT Style System... One of the most annoying issues on the back-end of JUOT is the number of styles available with many just a little different then others.

I am consolidating styles... My goal is soon there will be only the following styles:

JUOT Default 2012
JUOT Dark 2012
Express
Express Classic
Express Dark
Mobile
Mobile Dark

For JUOT Default and JUOT Dark I have made a Yes/No option for showing the forums icons below the navbar- meaning anyone can turn them off if they prefer not to see them in either style.

There is also new option where you can choose the desired width of the styles. Default is a width of 1140 (pixels) - you can override this with any value you choose or set to 0 (zero) for a full width like was default on the old default style.

The Forum Width option will apply to all (non-mobile) styles (including express.)

I will be making these changes throughout this morning, and possibly through the day if I run into any snags.

If your style "disappears" at some point today please choose another one.

The new options are near the very bottom of the User CP -> Edit Options page.

Again, so far the two new options are:

Show Forum Bar Below Navbar? (Default value is YES)

Style Width in Pixels (Default / Recommended value is 1140)

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
You change the font for the default one?

edit: The font just became much harder to read for some reason.
edit2: Also makes it a lot harder to distinguish between read and unread posts (bold and not).

Last edited:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Yes the new font is Trebuchet MS... vastly superior to the old font.

What device are you using that it's hard to read? Can I get a screenshot?

Edit- I agree with the bold/unbold issue - that is why unread threads now have a red star as well.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Yes the new font is Trebuchet MS... vastly superior to the old font.

What device are you using that it's hard to read? Can I get a screenshot?

Edit- I agree with the bold/unbold issue - that is why unread threads now have a red star as well.
I'm using a 23" Dell Monitor on Windows 7. The font really is horrible. Too small, bold sucks, spacing is wrong, and it makes it hard to read. Honestly, it makes me feel like I'm not wearing my glasses.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
It might look better if you changed the size or weight. It's not as bad if I zoom in.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
I'm also getting a bottom scroll bar that moves like one pixel in each direction. Not sure what is up with that, but I don't think I've seen it before.

John in MA

They see me rollin'
VIP
I'm using a good ol' 19" 4:3 display and this font's impossible to read. And I DO wear glasses.

Also, is there an option to see avatars in JUOT Classic? That's how I used it before. That font and the gay nav bar at the top of the screen have to go.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
The Express doesn't show avatars no... It is not a long term solution to the font issue- I am working on the font issue.

Please give feedback about the style I posted above.

kthrash

I have Automotive A.D.D.
VIP
27" iMac and this font blows.. Bold sucks to the point I cant tell which threads are new.