• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Ready to throw my HTC One X out the window part 2

Short Round

Oppan Gangnam Style
VIP
widgets plus multiple home screens >>>>>> app drawer/home screen combo
Again... more functionality than I need. I use my phone as a:
1) Phone
2) Email reader
3) Calendar
4) Messaging device

That's it. Hell... the only reason why I'm still using an iPhone... my 3GS was having reception problems, I needed something that was easy to get up and running with little fuss. iPhone 4S was available, no line in the Apple Store, plugged in MobileMe/iCloud and I was done... could continue working. Didn't have time to convert everything over to Google, etc. When my contract is up... I probably won't upgrade until the phone physically fails.

Last edited:

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
Again... more functionality than I need. I use my phone as a:
1) Phone
2) Email reader
3) Calendar
4) Messaging device

That's it. Hell... the only reason why I'm still using an iPhone... my 3GS was having reception problems, I needed something that was easy to get up and running with little fuss. iPhone 4S was available, no line in the Apple Store, plugged in MobileMe/iCloud and I was done... could continue working. Didn't have time to convert everything over to Google, etc. When my contract is up... I probably won't upgrade until the phone physically fails.
wouldn't it be more functional to have your calendar right on a page that you quickly swipe to see what you need, than an app you have to open to get to your calendar? :shush: what about one touch dialing for the wife right from the home screen? :shush:

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
wouldn't it be more functional to have your calendar right on a page that you quickly swipe to see what you need, than an app you have to open to get to your calendar? :shush: what about one touch dialing for the wife right from the home screen? :shush:
How much is Google paying you to pimp the Android OS? jjj

I'm with Carlito - I use a handful of apps, but mostly email and texting. I barely even use mine to call anyone.

Short Round

Oppan Gangnam Style
VIP
I honestly see no difference. There's still an action required to to said info. Touch dialing from home screen? What's the advantage? Maybe one less action, but that's it.

PS... dumb phones cannot utilize MS Exchange mail and calendar syncing.

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
I honestly see no difference. There's still an action required to to said info. Touch dialing from home screen? What's the advantage? Maybe one less action, but that's it.

PS... dumb phones cannot utilize MS Exchange mail and calendar syncing.
instead of scrolling through apps to get to your calendar, your calendar is right there.

less action still makes it easier

Short Round

Oppan Gangnam Style
VIP
instead of scrolling through apps to get to your calendar, your calendar is right there.

less action still makes it easier
Again... I also don't have a bazillion apps. Page and a half. Not that hard to find. It's always on my main screen, or at the bottom in the section with 4 apps.

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
Again... I also don't have a bazillion apps. Page and a half. Not that hard to find. It's always on my main screen, or at the bottom in the section with 4 apps.
so you really have no need for a smartphone

edit: Iphone: for people who really don't want to use a smartphone :rotflmao:

Short Round

Oppan Gangnam Style
VIP
so you really have no need for a smartphone
Dumb phones cannot utilize MS Exchange mail and calendar syncing.
I do.

What I do is put the apps I use most on page one: Calendar, Mail, Photos, Social media apps, Tapatalk, Financial Apps and Chrome. Apps I use more are not grouped, the less used, in groups. Apps I don't use often are on page two, sorted by categories.

Works for me. Which I think is the point, if it works who you, who fawking cares?

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
I do.

What I do is put the apps I use most on page one: Calendar, Mail, Photos, Social media apps, Tapatalk, Financial Apps and Chrome. Apps I use more are not grouped, the less used, in groups. Apps I don't use often are on page two, sorted by categories.

Works for me. Which I think is the point, if it works who you, who fawking cares?
wouldn't it work better if you could see your 3 important ones at once? That's the point of Android, ultimate customization so the phone fits what you want, not what will work with the phone :shush: Now if they could have a battery as good as Apple :owned:

Short Round

Oppan Gangnam Style
VIP
I see no point partaking in a debate in which I'm satisfied with what I have. Bored I may be of iOS, but it meets my needs. You can keep touting the superiority of one vs. the other, but I honestly do not care. The phone fits my needs... that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
I see no point partaking in a debate in which I'm satisfied with what I have. Bored I may be of iOS, but it meets my needs. You can keep touting the superiority of one vs. the other, but I honestly do not care. The phone fits my needs... that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
by your needs assertion, your old zj meets your commute needs. Sell the new vehicle now. :shush:

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
If one has to resort to rooting a phone, thus exposing it to exploits galore, then I'd say it's a POS product. :paper:
yet YOU started it :shush: