• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

S5 or S6

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Tomorrow I'm making the switch from Sprint to VZW. The wife is going with an iPhone 5 because she likes the size better than the 6. I'm trying to decided between the S5 and S6 with the S5 looking better with the removable SD card and battery.

What say JU?

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
S6. Twin turbo V8 vs supercharged V6
I suppose a reasonable alternative would be the Nexus 6. Assuming VZW hasn't found a way to make it not stock Android. It's f'n huge though.

nophun

nicht keinen Spaß
VIP
New Moto x will hit street very soon with no carrier bloat and equipped to run on any network

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Everything I hear the S5 is better. They seem to be making deals to almost give away the S6, I imagine it isn't selling.

If I wanted no expandable memory and no removable battery I'd just get an iPhone.

Deere1

Neither. I have the Note 4... I cant tell a difference - other than screen size. Something tells me Motorola and HTC have something better coming.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Went with Nexus 6. Will report back in a couple weeks after I get a case and carry that monster around for a while.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
Went with Nexus 6. Will report back in a couple weeks after I get a case and carry that monster around for a while.
Um, yeah it's huge. I don't understand the desire for that large of a phone thus far. I do like a bloat free device however. My Nexus tablet has been great from that standpoint.