• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

S5 or S6

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
Two of my estimators sport droids. One a Galaxy S4 and the other a Nexus 5. I tooled around on their phones for a bit over the past couple of weeks. The Nexus seems to be a smoother operator. He claims the Samsungs are bloated. The Galaxy S4 guy doesn't know how to use his phone. That is his first smartphone and he got it last month.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
Nexus is generally going to be clean and pretty well stock Android.

I don't recall seeing a Nexus on VZW before, wish it were smaller. 6" just seems too damn big.

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
Two of my estimators sport droids. One a Galaxy S4 and the other a Nexus 5. I tooled around on their phones for a bit over the past couple of weeks. The Nexus seems to be a smoother operator. He claims the Samsungs are bloated. The Galaxy S4 guy doesn't know how to use his phone. That is his first smartphone and he got it last month.
bought a GS4 last month? some people are better off with dumbphones

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
bought a GS4 last month? some people are better off with dumbphones
It's his first smartphone and he's a frugal dude.

Does Android have an option/app/widget that mimics the same voicemail system as iPhone or Windows phone? The iPhone voicemail system is great. It's its own system, not a carrier. I can see who left the voicemail, when I received the voicemail, how long it is and I can manipulate it on the fly. It doesn't call into Verizon and go through their shitty system. I really like the ability to see all details about the voicemail and have the ability to manipulate it without listening to it or even putting the phone up to my ear to hear options to do so. That feature has come in clutch multiple times dealing with OAC groups on my projects. I'm curious to know because I'm due for an upgrade (so is :wifey:) and the guy I mentioned previously who runs the Nexus 5 wishes his phone did that. If yall know of an app or widget that does it, I want to let him know. :tiphat:

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
It's his first smartphone and he's a frugal dude.

Does Android have an option/app/widget that mimics the same voicemail system as iPhone or Windows phone? The iPhone voicemail system is great. It's its own system, not a carrier. I can see who left the voicemail, when I received the voicemail, how long it is and I can manipulate it on the fly. It doesn't call into Verizon and go through their shitty system. I really like the ability to see all details about the voicemail and have the ability to manipulate it without listening to it or even putting the phone up to my ear to hear options to do so. That feature has come in clutch multiple times dealing with OAC groups on my projects. I'm curious to know because I'm due for an upgrade (so is :wifey:) and the guy I mentioned previously who runs the Nexus 5 wishes his phone did that. If yall know of an app or widget that does it, I want to let him know. :tiphat:
I use Visual Voicemail, but it is a VZW app. you mean something like this?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.youmail.android.vvm

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
I have two voicemails and two numbers on the same fone with the addition of google voice.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
I have tried them all, I think I like the windows phone the most. It was also 42 bucks from Target which is amazing.