• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

s6 and s6 edge

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Short charging time is nice, but it still doesn't help when you're on the go and don't want to carry a charger around and hug the wall at meetings, airports, restaurants, etc.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Short charging time is nice, but it still doesn't help when you're on the go and don't want to carry a charger around and hug the wall at meetings, airports, restaurants, etc.
No always ideal to carry, but I picked up one of these and it worked great during hunting season to keep my tablet and phone charged while in the woods all day. Its about the size of the phone. Its rated #1 and only $12

Amazon.com KMASHI 10000mAh MP816 (2.1Amp+1Amp Output,2Amp Input Fast Charging) Dual USB Portable External Extended Battery Pack Power Bank Backup Charger For iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S 4 iPad Air Retina Mini Samsung Galaxy S5 I9600 Neo S4 I9500 I9190 S3 I9300 S3 I8190 S2 Note 3 N9000 Gear HTC Sensation One X S EVO 3D 4G DNA Thunderbolt Incredible Droid DNANexus 4 7 10 LG Optimus V Blackberry Z10 Z30 Q5 Q10 Bold Curve Torch Motorola Razr Maxx Bionic ATRIX Nokia Lumia 1020 920 Google Glasses and other 5V Smartphones Cell Phones Accessories

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Yeah. Have one of those too. Not ideal, but pretty much a requirement when the battery isn't user replaceable.

pirranah

pierced dingaling
VIP
I'm gonna stick with my Sony. Zero problems, 2 day battery life is what I see (not quite as fast charging, but 60% easy in 30min), 32gigs internal memory plus SD slot. I still haven't tested the waterproofness of it, but it feels tighter than any phone I've used. I'll find out when summer rolls around and I'm fishing/canoeing more

mcatdtJEEP

I'll admit, I'm a sony phanboi of sorts. Not to the point I won't switch away though

S6 does not seem to be going in the correct direction for me though.... No waterproof, and no memory card, no interchangeable battery...... Those are huge points for me. I've always liked the S-series. and I love how I can share media with all my S-series and Galaxy Tabs, etc.

But if I'm having to give up a feature..... I'd rather get a waterproof, sd card, and battery option than a quick share. I can drag and drop onto a computer and to another device if I need to....

Battery is the most important to me. I don't know what it is about schools, but as soon as I walk into one, I go from 4g to 3g(and sometimes 1x and no service depending on the school) Then the phone searches for 4g and kills my battery. I need to have the ability to interchange my batteries.

Waterproof. My s4 is not, but I have a case that makes it water proof.... I'm sure the S6 would have cases available for that feature as well, though.

Sounds like I may just upgrade to an s5 and keep that until the s7 comes out where they will hopefully will have addressed my concerns. It doesn't seem I'm the only one that is having those concerns.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I saw a commercial this morning for RentACenter...they "rent" phones and you can swap out to the latest and greatest at any time I guess.

The deal they were hawking was $29.99 a month for an S5 and a TV :rotflmao:

pirranah

pierced dingaling
VIP
I'll admit, I'm a sony phanboi of sorts. Not to the point I won't switch away though

S6 does not seem to be going in the correct direction for me though.... No waterproof, and no memory card, no interchangeable battery...... Those are huge points for me. I've always liked the S-series. and I love how I can share media with all my S-series and Galaxy Tabs, etc.

But if I'm having to give up a feature..... I'd rather get a waterproof, sd card, and battery option than a quick share. I can drag and drop onto a computer and to another device if I need to....

Battery is the most important to me. I don't know what it is about schools, but as soon as I walk into one, I go from 4g to 3g(and sometimes 1x and no service depending on the school) Then the phone searches for 4g and kills my battery. I need to have the ability to interchange my batteries.

Waterproof. My s4 is not, but I have a case that makes it water proof.... I'm sure the S6 would have cases available for that feature as well, though.

Sounds like I may just upgrade to an s5 and keep that until the s7 comes out where they will hopefully will have addressed my concerns. It doesn't seem I'm the only one that is having those concerns.
The Sony has a nifty "Stamina Mode" and I've seen as much as 60hrs before :pirate:

mcatdtJEEP

The Sony has a nifty "Stamina Mode" and I've seen as much as 60hrs before :pirate:
so sell me on the Sony. Anything new coming in the next 2 months that you'd get if you were up for contract renewal and money wasn't an option.

Waterproof?
interchangeable battery?
SD card?

pirranah

pierced dingaling
VIP
so sell me on the Sony. Anything new coming in the next 2 months that you'd get if you were up for contract renewal and money wasn't an option.

Waterproof?
interchangeable battery?
SD card?
Probably not. Only thing it doesn't have that you would like is a removable battery, but so far the battery works like a charm. By far the best I've seen. Wife has the S5 and it'll outlast hers easily. Before I decided on the Sony Z3 I compared all the big names and it was just as good or better in most categories. It hasn't had any glitches either.

It does what I need it to

SPECS