• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Signature Changes

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
A few quick changes to signature rules-

With the increasing popularity of mobile devices large signatures are becoming bothersome to those browsing on default styles. While there are options such as using the mobile styles (no signatures) or the tablet style (also no signatures) not everyone knows or bothers to use these.

Effective immediately I have reduced the following 3 limits on signatures as follows- the old values were:

Max # Of Lines: 20
Max Font Size: 7
Max # of Images (including smilies): 5

The new values for Registered (Free) Users is:
Max Lines: 5
Max Font: 5
Max Images: 3

The new values for Premium Users is:
Max Lines: 10
Max Font: 6
Max Images: 4

The new values for Ultra-Premium Users is: (unchanged)
Max Lines: 20
Max Font: 7
Max Images: 5

Moderators & Staff use the Ultra-Premium values but if a signature appears disruptive I will ask them to shorten it.

Existing signatures will not be affected until you try to update them- at that point your new signature will need to comply with the existing limits.

Honestly I don't see this affecting 95% of the posters here but wanted everyone to know about the change.

Of course remember signature images are supposed to be "G" rated in terms of no sexual or even borderline work-safe images. Repeated violators will see their signatures hidden by default. Any large images (in resolution or file size) will be deleted without warning.

Mike R

Better than Joe.
I should be exempt from any rules on this and any forum I am a member of. I am an internet superstar, people log on to read Mike R posts. :flex:

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
I don't even have a signature anymore. While I can understand Joe's precaution, it is up to the individual user to tailor his experience to his preferences. I only use my phone to browse at work, never a work computer. On my phone, I always use the mobile style so I don't care how big or obnoxious your pictures are.

I would like to see the mobile style show YouTube as links rather than try to load the same way the regular styles do. It has actually crashed my phone's browser on numerous occasions. :owned:

Mike R

Better than Joe.
We've all read his posts, he does not come off as very intelligent. I'm sure his father must have stared at the bottom of a whiskey bottle wondering where he went wrong on more than one occasion.

theBucketeer

Your superior
We've all read his posts, he does not come off as very intelligent. I'm sure his father must have stared at the bottom of a whiskey bottle wondering where he went wrong on more than one occasion.
That assumes his father even knew him. By all appearances, that's sorta in doubt.

theBucketeer

Your superior
A real father would have smacked the douchebag tendencies out of him early. I guess this is what comes out of the scourge of broken homes.

neevo

Limey Hippo
A few quick changes to signature rules-

With the increasing popularity of mobile devices large signatures are becoming bothersome to those browsing on default styles. While there are options such as using the mobile styles (no signatures) or the tablet style (also no signatures) not everyone knows or bothers to use these.

Effective immediately I have reduced the following 3 limits on signatures as follows- the old values were:

Max # Of Lines: 20
Max Font Size: 7
Max # of Images (including smilies): 5

The new values for Registered (Free) Users is:
Max Lines: 5
Max Font: 5
Max Images: 3

The new values for Premium Users is:
Max Lines: 10
Max Font: 6
Max Images: 4

The new values for Ultra-Premium Users is: (unchanged)
Max Lines: 20
Max Font: 7
Max Images: 5

Moderators & Staff use the Ultra-Premium values but if a signature appears disruptive I will ask them to shorten it.

Existing signatures will not be affected until you try to update them- at that point your new signature will need to comply with the existing limits.

Honestly I don't see this affecting 95% of the posters here but wanted everyone to know about the change.

Of course remember signature images are supposed to be "G" rated in terms of no sexual or even borderline work-safe images. Repeated violators will see their signatures hidden by default. Any large images (in resolution or file size) will be deleted without warning.
If the existing sigs are such a problem then why have you allowed them to continue for UP members. Just because they pay doesnt mean those using their mobiles wont have problems with the sigs as you claim :tiphat: