• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Signature Changes

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
hmmm... I wonder if Mike R searched as a guest... in that case technically you'd both have the same userid, of 0.

Mike R

Better than Joe.
Yes, I searched as a guest so others would be able to view the link without signing in. It's the polite thing to do.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
That is what it is... you were both guests so it worked... But in any case still a bad idea as the results will expire probably within an hour or two.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I saw... My point remains valid- it is bad practice to link to search results. If someone is signed in as a different user it won't work and even if both are the same user (or guest) it eventually times out. vBulletin.org had a long timeout, I've seen forums with 10 to 15 minute time outs on results.

That said none of this was necessary I recognize his name from both vBulletin.com and .org forums.

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
I saw... My point remains valid- it is bad practice to link to search results. If someone is signed in as a different user it won't work and even if both are the same user (or guest) it eventually times out. vBulletin.org had a long timeout, I've seen forums with 10 to 15 minute time outs on results.

That said none of this was necessary I recognize his name from both vBulletin.com and .org forums.
but since it was directed at me, and I apparently clicked the link, that wasn't supposed to work, early enough, the post was perfectly fine :tiphat:

Mike R

Better than Joe.

Does this mean we are friends again? :beerchug:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
It works because Mike R changed it to "Viewing Profile" instead of "Search Results." Search Results stopped working within a couple hours like I said they would.

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
It works because Mike R changed it to "Viewing Profile" instead of "Search Results." Search Results stopped working within a couple hours like I said they would.
I knew exactly why it still worked, but watching you get all raaarr over it makes it worth bringing up again ;) And actually, originally you said the search wouldn't work from the beginning :shush: