• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Why in this day and age does crap like this still exist?

Al Johnson

Northwoods Hillbilly
VIP
Jeebus, we can't even agree on a system of weights and measures, and you want us to agree on voltage, frequency, and receptacle configuration?

mojokat

coma toast
VIP
I just saw a universal world adapter kit at WTmart in the clearance section, was ~$40. heavy SOB, had all kind of gizmos in it.

mojokat

coma toast
VIP
Jeebus, we can't even agree on a system of weights and measures, and you want us to agree on voltage, frequency, and receptacle configuration?
weights and measures is pretty standard except for the US, but UK still uses crazy stuff like stone and troy ounce, and their pints aren't a pint. :puzzled:

Al Johnson

Northwoods Hillbilly
VIP
weights and measures is pretty standard except for the US, but UK still uses crazy stuff like stone and troy ounce, and their pints aren't a pint. :puzzled:
See, the first thing you have to say is the exceptions. There should be NO exceptions.

:pirate:

mojokat

coma toast
VIP
See, the first thing you have to say is the exceptions. There should be NO exceptions.

:pirate:
I agree completely. We order shit from Fisher Scientific all the time which seems to cater to the European market and who knows wtf you're going to get.

pirranah

pierced dingaling
VIP
not everyone can be as awesome as us. japan is close though, and it shows through their outstanding achievement in the SUV market.

mojokat

coma toast
VIP
the UK and the Swiss plugs are the 2 I run into most, I did not realize Brazil used the 3 prong as well.