• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Cell Phone

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Speaking of Apple innovations, my mammy brought my birthday present over last night - first gen Galaxy Gear (released 13 months ago, more features than the yet to be released iWatch :paper: )

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Speaking of Apple innovations, my mammy brought my birthday present over last night - first gen Galaxy Gear (released 13 months ago, more features than the yet to be released iWatch :paper: )
Come on man, do you really believe what you say? I'm not an apple fan boy but you have to have an understanding that in the electronics world there are sometimes things companies do not add because they think it may be useless? Features are nice but not pragmatic all the time.

Chite5e

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Come on man, do you really believe what you say? I'm not an apple fan boy but you have to have an understanding that in the electronics world there are sometimes things companies do not add because they think it may be useless? Features are nice but not pragmatic all the time.
Useless features like being able to attach a spreadsheet to an email, have a notification light, or reply to an email without having to hit 2 buttons instead of one

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
She bought for your last Bday and forgot?
No - they dropped the price on this one to $99 when the new one was released. I never wanted one $300 worth, but did want one $100 worth. Know what I mean?

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Useless features like being able to attach a spreadsheet to an email, have a notification light, or reply to an email without having to hit 2 buttons instead of one
I use all three of those quite regularly. I know whether I have a missed call, email, text etc all from the color of the blinking lights when my screen is off.

Chite5e

VIP
Ultra-Premium
I use all three of those quite regularly. I know whether I have a missed call, email, text etc all from the color of the blinking lights when my screen is off.
The Apple forum say those are worthless features. I'm going to get this phone three days To win me over before I give it to one of my employees and pick up a new android for myself

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I don't think i'd want a notification light...what's the point, besides additional battery drain?

And I guess I have to hit a button twice to reply, but so? Once to open the reply feature, then I select if I'm doing Reply, Forward, and Full-Retard Reply All

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I would buy that line of thinking if Apple didn't add all of the features a year or so later. Apple has much more stringent control over development and testing, which leads to them taking longer to bring things to market. As a result you have less shitty apps, but you wait longer for the features. It's a trade-off and a perfectly good one. I prefer to have stuff now even if it's a little ****ed up at first, you prefer to not get it until it's polished and perfect. The fact that this concept seems to offend you leads me to believe you might be underestimating your own fanboy status :shush:

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
All of you that want the latest feature now, before it's been properly tested, are also the same people who say NEVER BUY THE FIRST YEAR OF A NEW CAR MODEL

:jump:

The irony is thick enough to choke Alanis Morrisette.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
The Apple forum say those are worthless features. I'm going to get this phone three days To win me over before I give it to one of my employees and pick up a new android for myself
I keep a lot of documents on my google drive and simply email them to people. I do this sesveral times a week.

Chite5e

VIP
Ultra-Premium
I don't think i'd want a notification light...what's the point, besides additional battery drain?

And I guess I have to hit a button twice to reply, but so? Once to open the reply feature, then I select if I'm doing Reply, Forward, and Full-Retard Reply All
The point is so I can just look at my phone and know if I missed a call text or email. Without having to pick up the phone turn on the screen

I go through roughly 2 to 300 emails per day lately, an extra button push if I replied to 100 of those from my phone sucks when I used to be able to do it with one button push.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
All of you that want the latest feature now, before it's been properly tested, are also the same people who say NEVER BUY THE FIRST YEAR OF A NEW CAR MODEL

:jump:

The irony is thick enough to choke Alanis Morrisette.
Its okay to be the last one in the know. Kinda of like how my grandparents' generation is all now on facebook :rotflmao:

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
I would buy that line of thinking if Apple didn't add all of the features a year or so later. Apple has much more stringent control over development and testing, which leads to them taking longer to bring things to market. As a result you have less shitty apps, but you wait longer for the features. It's a trade-off and a perfectly good one. I prefer to have stuff now even if it's a little ****ed up at first, you prefer to not get it until it's polished and perfect. The fact that this concept seems to offend you leads me to believe you might be underestimating your own fanboy status :shush:
My Droid X left me frustrated, went to a 4S and I'm pretty sure I never even needed to reboot the thing in the last 28 months. I do realize that things have gotten better over there but we do have an android phone in the family and now I can't stand the OS. It's so fawking sloppy.