• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Cell Phone

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
All of you that want the latest feature now, before it's been properly tested, are also the same people who say NEVER BUY THE FIRST YEAR OF A NEW CAR MODEL

:jump:

The irony is thick enough to choke Alanis Morrisette.
That's an unsubstantiated assumption, also frequently called a "straw man." Don't worry, you'll get them eventually and like them. You don't have to downplay and distract.

Chite5e

VIP
Ultra-Premium
My Droid X left me frustrated, went to a 4S and I'm pretty sure I never even needed to reboot the thing in the last 28 months. I do realize that things have gotten better over there but we do have an android phone in the family and now I can't stand the OS. It's so fawking sloppy.
iOS looks like something a child designed.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
My Droid X left me frustrated, went to a 4S and I'm pretty sure I never even needed to reboot the thing in the last 28 months. I do realize that things have gotten better over there but we do have an android phone in the family and now I can't stand the OS. It's so fawking sloppy.
Nothing wrong with that, either. Phone wars are stupid. You either want bleeding edge, perfectly stable, or somewhere in between. All perfectly valid choices. I like the release gap because I ride the trailing edge of the wave - I get a 12-15mo old Android device so it has the bugs and bs worked out and has all of the features of the current iDevice - I benefit from getting the year-old price. I paid $99 for my Note 3 (gazelle sent me a check for $100, so that's a freebie) and $99 for this watch. I have the features and the stability of an iPhone 6+ and the iWatch, which combined would have been $600, minus my $100 from Gazelle so $500. Saving $400 for the same feature set is awesome.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Nothing wrong with that, either. Phone wars are stupid. You either want bleeding edge, perfectly stable, or somewhere in between. All perfectly valid choices. I like the release gap because I ride the trailing edge of the wave - I get a 12-15mo old Android device so it has the bugs and bs worked out and has all of the features of the current iDevice - I benefit from getting the year-old price. I paid $99 for my Note 3 (gazelle sent me a check for $100, so that's a freebie) and $99 for this watch. I have the features and the stability of an iPhone 6+ and the iWatch, which combined would have been $600, minus my $100 from Gazelle so $500. Saving $400 for the same feature set is awesome.
I understand that. For me the iPhone works 100% flawlessly, doesn't crash and does everything and then some for me. The only thing I hate is the fawking iTunes but I got over that somehow. :jump:

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I understand that. For me the iPhone works 100% flawlessly, doesn't crash and does everything and then some for me. The only thing I hate is the fawking iTunes but I got over that somehow. :jump:
That's all that matters :beerchug:

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
:jump: I feel patronized now. :beerchug:
:rotflmao: I'm not patronizing, I just understand the value of every approach. The fact that everyone that I know who moved to Apple (phone and PC) stayed there (and even started trying to convert others in many cases) means they're doing a lot of things right.

John

Transplant
VIP
I didn't like iOS at first and thought I had made a mistake. Once I got used to it and figured a lot of things out I liked it. I liked iOS7 a lot better than the iOS6 that I started with. iOS8 is fine too, its not that different from 7

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
they are the XJs of the phone world :shush: