• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

eHarmony Update - The first girl in 2,437 matches to...

skeptic [JU]

Archived
It's time to walk away from the internet as a dating resource. Let's go old school and step outside and look around. Take tennis or golf lessons or something. Chat up the lovely girl next to you. It isn't that hard. :2cents:
At this point Joe needs to keep all his options open. Stick with the internet dating sites, expand to a few more, and get out of the f'ing house more! Keep up on the internet dating sites at night or when you otherwise would not be going out, but don't use that as a substitute for real life contact.

Joe, from what you describe of NY chicks being completely unapproachable, I sympathize with you on meeting chicks. While living in OR, CA, and FL meeting them was never a problem. After moving to UT, working from home, not knowing a sole, and not wanting to date a Mormon, I turned to the Internet. Lots of meaningless sex for 6 or 8 months before I met someone I wanted to date and it has worked out great. For me e-harmony was worthless. I'll also say what you put in your profile, the free text stuff not the stats and check boxes, makes a big difference. The first 2 or 3 months I got squat, no interest at all. It was the typical, I like this, I like that, I'm looking for this type of girl, etc. Then I completely re-wrote it, made it much shorter and more storylike. Bam, started getting hits, meeting girls, etc. Same pictures, same basic stats, but a different way of describing myself. Be honest, make it edgy, be creative, put in something that will catch their attention and make them remember your profile.

At this point Joe needs to keep all his options open. Stick with the internet dating sites, expand to a few more, and get out of the f'ing house more! Keep up on the internet dating sites at night or when you otherwise would not be going out, but don't use that as a substitute for real life contact.

Joe, from what you describe of NY chicks being completely unapproachable, I sympathize with you on meeting chicks. While living in OR, CA, and FL meeting them was never a problem. After moving to UT, working from home, not knowing a sole, and not wanting to date a Mormon, I turned to the Internet. Lots of meaningless sex for 6 or 8 months before I met someone I wanted to date and it has worked out great. For me e-harmony was worthless. I'll also say what you put in your profile, the free text stuff not the stats and check boxes, makes a big difference. The first 2 or 3 months I got squat, no interest at all. It was the typical, I like this, I like that, I'm looking for this type of girl, etc. Then I completely re-wrote it, made it much shorter and more storylike. Bam, started getting hits, meeting girls, etc. Same pictures, same basic stats, but a different way of describing myself. Be honest, make it edgy, be creative, put in something that will catch their attention and make them remember your profile.
I'll give you the fact that he needs to keep all his options open. But, 2400+ hits and he's yet to hit the meaningless sex stage yet. My guess is that looking at Joe's picture and conversing with him on line is not terribly attractive to women.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO He takes tennis lessons (he needs the exercise anyway). He talks to the girl next to him about tennis (they obviously have it in common). He slowly builds the relationship before asking her if she's like to play tennis with him some time. He turns tennis time into dating time. Viola. Worse case scenario is she puts him in the "Friend" column but introduces him to her fat friend. :agree:

It doesn't seem that hard to do from the outside. Cycling club people were picking up cycling club people all over the place during my active days in the cycling club.

ToomsTJ [JU]

Archived
Joe your entire world would change if you'd sign up for a co-ed soccer, volleyball or softball team. Get your ass off the couch, away from the computer and out into the 3 dimensional world. :bangtard:

Put down the ho ho's and get a little fresh air and exercise. There are women everywhere.....except in your den. :2cents:
I agree.

Join a book club. I'm sure they're out there for SciFi geeks too.

Hubjeep [JU]

Archived
I gota work on that tew. :yup: Got a few leads around Christmas last year. I signed up for match, but did not use it yet, it prob. expired. :slapz:

the best weay to get pussy is to go out with a girl who is a friend...woman like men they see wit other women..for some reason the "take away" factor turns thewm on and makes them feel special

flirt with a girl alone ya might get shot down..do it when with antoer woman and it will be a deff shoot down or date:thup2:

take it from me whenever times got ruff i'd ask an old gf to go out and flirt with me while i picked up someone else

Yeah, I think a woman's most important sex organ is her brain. . . .Well, maybe not the most important, but generally if the brain isn't too good the rest is pretty useless/excessively annoying, etc.