• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Hero cat ftw!

John

Transplant
VIP
Cute pics but I can post adorable pitbull puppy pics too. Doesn't mean shit.

I hate cocker spaniels. I love dogs but they are the only kind of dog that I've been bit by.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium

I hate cocker spaniels. I love dogs but they are the only kind of dog that I've been bit by.
Can you post one example of a cocker spaniel killing someone? :shush:

mcatdtJEEP

I've been bit more by yorkie terriers.... little bastich rat dog bishes....

I've yet to hear of one killing a kid like a pit-bull.

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
It is my understanding that more people in the US are bitten by Labs each year than any other breed. That said, Labs are the most popular dog breed in America, sooo....

Before I got my Lab, I had a cocker spaniel and you had to know his temperament because he would bite.

Interesting and probably the most comprehensive study of fatal dog bites and maimings ever conducted: Link

Last edited:

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
Actually pretty interesting.
Thanks, I thought so too. I was really looking for bite statistics by breed, which this contains, ubt the data is relatively old. I wish there were a more up-to-date report out there, which there may be, but I wasn't able to find it with 5 minutes of googling.

neevo

Limey Hippo
I'm not surprised that Yorkshire Terriers bite people. They were bred to catch rats under the mill equipment hence they are small and aggressive .Bearing in mind the comparison between their size and their intended target's size they are quite brave little mutts, though I am sure they just dont know they are so small

Of course the old joke goes that "my Yorkie killed a Rottweiler" "How did it do that?" "It got stuck in it's throat and the Rottie choked to death"

so maybe it could take out a pit bull the same way :shrug: