• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Hero cat ftw!

John

Transplant
VIP
The cheek swap ones can be hit or miss. The blood test is more accurate.

And why would you be concerned? If its a good dog, wgaf what the breed is. I just know a pit mix when I see one.

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP
Chows bite humans more than pitbulls. They are terrible dogs.
I cannot stand chows. Incredibly unpredictable. When I was a kid a friend of mine got a chow. We were close friends. I was at his house two or three times a week. When he got the chow as a pup we played with it a lot. After a year or so, one day she snapped and growled and try to bite me when I showed up.

Dalmatians seem pretty unstable to me too.

mcatdtJEEP

When I was about this kid's age, I was attacked by a bulldog while we were playing in the front yard. Thing was MEAN, and always on a chain, but it could break lose from time to time and we'd run inside. But we didn't have time to react because we were in the dog's yard (playing with the neighbor kid)

Either way, my dog Brutus, an irish setter, did what this cat did. Spike came and my brother yelled, as I turned around, he was lunging towards me, then next thing I know, Brutus hit me from behind and gets Spike before Spike got me.

I was in the middle of a dog fight for probably 2-3 seconds, but I remember getting tossed around like a rag doll and my shoe went flying. Jodi's mom came out and got spike inside.... and I was no worse for the wear.... just scared.

Unfortunately, there were no survelence cameras to capture my ordeal.

Spike was put down later that week

Wharf Rat

Ooomph Ooomph
VIP
When I was about this kid's age, I was attacked by a bulldog while we were playing in the front yard. Thing was MEAN, and always on a chain, but it could break lose from time to time and we'd run inside. But we didn't have time to react because we were in the dog's yard (playing with the neighbor kid)

Either way, my dog Brutus, an irish setter, did what this cat did. Spike came and my brother yelled, as I turned around, he was lunging towards me, then next thing I know, Brutus hit me from behind and gets Spike before Spike got me.

I was in the middle of a dog fight for probably 2-3 seconds, but I remember getting tossed around like a rag doll and my shoe went flying. Jodi's mom came out and got spike inside.... and I was no worse for the wear.... just scared.

Unfortunately, there were no survelence cameras to capture my ordeal.

Spike was put down later that week
I knew it. Now I understand why you are deathly afraid of dogs.

mcatdtJEEP

I knew it. Now I understand why you are deathly afraid of dogs.
I have posted this story before on one of the many dog threads.

I have a healthy respect for what powerful dogs can do.... and I am a firm believer that a bullet in the mass if in doubt is the best reaction to any dog I can't kick square in the jaw and have it hurt the dog.

Killing a neighbor's pitbull, chow, rotty, k-9, etc that is loose, is not murder.... it's protection.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
so a dog attack explains your obsession with pits.
what causes your man on boy wrasslin fixation?

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
Cute pics but I can post adorable pitbull puppy pics too. Doesn't mean shit.

I hate cocker spaniels. I love dogs but they are the only kind of dog that I've been bit by.
Can you post one example of a cocker spaniel killing someone? :shush:
I had a cocker for a while. Stupidest f-ing dawg I've ever owned. It was downright nasty and mentally unstable. Went after my nephew and bit his leg. Then the stupid thing lashed out at me - my Akita stepped in at that point...he picked up that spaniel by the shoulders, shook it, and pinned it to the ground until it submitted.