• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

I had this really wild dream last night.

Josh [JU]

Archived
Big Red said:
I've heard a theory that all people are capable of this when they are young but we are taught that we are just imagining things and we learn to block it out.

Hmm. Yeah, that is something my parents would've nipped right in the bud...but I have a pretty far-reaching memory. I'd think I'd remember something.

Hedley Lamarr said:
It is almost like a picture of them at the moment of death. There is a house by me with a women that walks around her yard screaming. I hate driving past that house.

I've had neighbors like that.

Hedley Lamarr said:
It is almost like a picture of them at the moment of death. There is a house by me with a women that walks around her yard screaming. I hate driving past that house.
Wow. That really cool in a twisted,creepy sort of way. Can't say that I'd like that to happen all the time though.

Big Red said:
I've heard a theory that all people are capable of this when they are young but we are taught that we are just imagining things and we learn to block it out.

I have heard that as well. My folks wrote it off as an active imagination until I started to learn things I couldn't know.

Josh [JU]

Archived
Hedley Lamarr said:

That's absolutely wild.

There are a few houses that give me vibes...but I've never seen anything. One in particular, I swear I can almost hear what the owner is going through (he was CLEARLY a vietnam POW)...

Josh* said:
That's absolutely wild.

There are a few houses that give me vibes...but I've never seen anything. One in particular, I swear I can almost hear what the owner is going through (he was CLEARLY a vietnam POW)...

It sucks. Meeting up with the children in the toughest. There is a kid that was killed in the park I used to live by. He wonders around lost and scared. I always want to help him, but I am still afraid to take that step.

Josh [JU]

Archived
Hedley Lamarr said:
It sucks. Meeting up with the children in the toughest. There is a kid that was killed in the park I used to live by. He wonders around lost and scared. I always want to help him, but I am still afraid to take that step.

I'd not. Movies are all feel-good, but chances are you couldn't help.

Big Red said:
Wow. That really cool in a twisted,creepy sort of way. Can't say that I'd like that to happen all the time though.

Now that I have gotten older, things are better. The sh!tty part is, I never wanted to have children because I was afraid they would be able to do the same thing. Family convinced me it wouldn't happen. My poor kid can do the same damn thing I can. I will see something and suddenly, he will get freaked, he sees the same damn thing.

Josh [JU]

Archived
Hedley Lamarr said:
Now that I have gotten older, things are better. The sh!tty part is, I never wanted to have children because I was afraid they would be able to do the same thing. Family convinced me it wouldn't happen. My poor kid can do the same damn thing I can. I will see something and suddenly, he will get freaked, he sees the same damn thing.

So, here's my thought....

Which is scarier? Seeing them, or knowing they are there, and not being able to?

Taggart [JU]

Archived
Josh* said:
Hmm. Yeah, that is something my parents would've nipped right in the bud...but I have a pretty far-reaching memory. I'd think I'd remember something.
I have a very good memory (I can remember stuff that happened when I was 3) and I've never had anything like that happen.

But I am also very logically-oriented so maybe I would have a tendency to block such experiences. I don't believe in anything like psychics, fortune-telling, astrology, etc. and I've come to not believe much in religion either. I'm the type who would see strange lights in the sky and think "that must be a weather balloon or something" instead of "that must be alien invaders."

Hedley Lamarr said:

Telekenisis would have been a much kinder gift to pass on.

How old was your child when you started noticing this? How young is your earliest memory of it?

Hedley Lamarr said:
At least you can make him feel more comofrtable about it instead of telling him that's he's crazy.

Josh [JU]

Archived
Hedley Lamarr said:
I just don't want things coming home with me. I have lived in a very haunted house and the one I currently live in has issues.

If I have my way (which I'm sure I'll be out-voted), the e-neighborhood would be hack-and-tract. ;) I'm still also saying Ouray, Telluride, or Durango, though.