• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

I had this really wild dream last night.

Josh [JU]

Archived
DHMeieio said:
I have a very good memory (I can remember stuff that happened when I was 3) and I've never had anything like that happen.

But I am also very logically-oriented so maybe I would have a tendency to block such experiences. I don't believe in anything like psychics, fortune-telling, astrology, etc. and I've come to not believe much in religion either. I'm the type who would see strange lights in the sky and think "that must be a weather balloon or something" instead of "that must be alien invaders."

Yeah, you and I sound pretty similar mentally. I tend to go with the most plausible explanation for all that stuff. Its hard for me to allow my mind to indulge itself on thoughts of Area 51 aliens, etc...

Josh* said:
So, here's my thought....

Which is scarier? Seeing them, or knowing they are there, and not being able to?

Do you really want to know what scares me more than anything? My inlaws bought a house like I have never encountered. It is a 10 year old home and very large. In the guest wing, there are 2 bedrooms. We tried sleeping in the first room. All night long, something kept running up to the bed and standing beside me. I kept thinking it was my kid, but nothing would be there when I would open my eyes. The next time we stayed there we stayed in the other room. The lights keeps coming on and off in the bathroom and when I thought to myself that it needed to knock it off, it started laughing really loudly at me. It knew my thoughts and I never could see it. I have never not seen what was around me, it has to be something powerful. Now when we stay there, we stay in the master wing, for some reason, it won't come into there and I stay out of the guest wing.

Hedley Lamarr said:
I just don't want things coming home with me. I have lived in a very haunted house and the one I currently live in has issues.
The only strange thing that has happened around me was at my great uncle's house when I was just a kid. Me, my brother, and our parents were staying there by ourselves one night and an old vacuum tube radio came on for about a minute while it was unplugged. The house was built by my great-uncle and nobody had died in it or anything like that.

OTOH, shortly after my parents were married my mom saw my dad's dead grandfather walking into their bedroom (they moved into his old house).

DHMeieio said:
I have a very good memory (I can remember stuff that happened when I was 3) and I've never had anything like that happen.

But I am also very logically-oriented so maybe I would have a tendency to block such experiences. I don't believe in anything like psychics, fortune-telling, astrology, etc. and I've come to not believe much in religion either. I'm the type who would see strange lights in the sky and think "that must be a weather balloon or something" instead of "that must be alien invaders."
I am not very religious. Never attended church, only for weddings and funerals. I don't go to fortune tellers or any of that stuff. I don't expect people to beleive me, I just figured I would share how odd I am. :D

Josh [JU]

Archived
Hedley Lamarr said:
The lights keeps coming on and off in the bathroom and when I thought to myself that it needed to knock it off, it started laughing really loudly at me. It knew my thoughts and I never could see it. I have never not seen what was around me, it has to be something powerful.

Do you think it was laughing at its own mischief (I do), or are you convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt it read your mind?

Taggart [JU]

Archived
mnjeeper said:
I think the concept of aliens is far more plausable than many other well accepted concepts.
I think it's more plausible than most of humanity's concept of God. And yet it is still highly unlikely.

Hedley Lamarr said:
Do you really want to know what scares me more than anything? My inlaws bought a house like I have never encountered. It is a 10 year old home and very large. In the guest wing, there are 2 bedrooms. We tried sleeping in the first room. All night long, something kept running up to the bed and standing beside me. I kept thinking it was my kid, but nothing would be there when I would open my eyes. The next time we stayed there we stayed in the other room. The lights keeps coming on and off in the bathroom and when I thought to myself that it needed to knock it off, it started laughing really loudly at me. It knew my thoughts and I never could see it. I have never not seen what was around me, it has to be something powerful. Now when we stay there, we stay in the master wing, for some reason, it won't come into there and I stay out of the guest wing.
Thanks now im gonna have nightmeres about this tonight. :gnight:

DHMeieio said:
I think it's more plausible than most of humanity's concept of God. And yet it is still highly unlikely.

I believe it is highly likely. Not neccesarily space travelers or anything, but life on other planets. It happened here, didn't it?

Taggart [JU]

Archived
Hedley Lamarr said:
I am not very religious. Never attended church, only for weddings and funerals. I don't go to fortune tellers or any of that stuff. I don't expect people to beleive me, I just figured I would share how odd I am. :D
I'm not being critical, just describing how my own mind works. Maybe such things do not manifest themselves to me because of the way my mind works, not because they don't exist.

Josh [JU]

Archived
mnjeeper said:
I believe it is highly likely. Not neccesarily space travelers or anything, but life on other planets. It happened here, didn't it?

I'd be surprised if we couldn't find prokaryotes on other planets, but I'm definitely in the "no way" category for the space travelers bit.

mnjeeper said:
Telekenisis would have been a much kinder gift to pass on.

How old was your child when you started noticing this? How young is your earliest memory of it?

My son is 3 and 5 months. I started noticing this about 4 months ago. There was someone standing in the back yard, it was late and I could see them looking at me. I turned on the lights and they person faded into the bushes. This has happened frequently, always assumed it was the previous owner. I turned off the lights and decided to go to bed. As I was walking, I noticed a dark figure in the hall, I knew it wasn't a living person so I just walked through it. It is always ice cold when you walk through someone. I then went to bed and 2 hours later my son woke up, scared of the man in his room.

He now often sees pigs, cows and dogs. This house sits on what used to be a very large farm.

Hedley Lamarr said:
That would be hard to get used to. I think it would be a neat experience to go to a known haunted house to see if I experienced anything abnormal such as this.

Josh [JU]

Archived
DHMeieio said:
I'm not being critical, just describing how my own mind works. Maybe such things do not manifest themselves to me because of the way my mind works, not because they don't exist.

Definitely. I'm convinced you sort of make your own reality.

mnjeeper said:
Only you heard the laugh? Did your wife know about the light on and off?

Yes, I woke up my wife and she too saw the light go on and off. She fell back to sleep as did I. Later, I woke up to the lights flashing again, we figured it must be a bad switch or something earlier. I started to catch on something wasn't right and was getting pissed when he started laughing at me. He knew he was pissing me off and was really enjoying it.

Hedley Lamarr said:
Yes, I woke up my wife and she too saw the light go on and off.

I don't recall if you've said, but what are her feelings on this whole deal?

BTW-I should be going to sleep....but I don't want to miss this :D

Taggart [JU]

Archived
mnjeeper said:
That's different. I think in an essentially infinite universe, the chances of other life are almost absolute. Even intelligent life. The thing is though, that the universe is so vast and it takes life so long to evolve (hundreds of millions of years for us thus far), it is extremely unlikely that we will ever physically encounter other intelligent life. There could be a billion star systems with intelligent life in them and they would all still be thousands of light-years apart, making travel between them or even knowledge of each other almost impossible.