• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

I had this really wild dream last night.

Hedley Lamarr said:
My opinion on their home? Here goes. I have found many arrow heads on the property, my inlaws have never found one. I will be walking and find them, they just pop up. I think something happened on the site long ago. I don't know if a settler was attacked or what, but something bad happened. The spirit in the house is like only 1 I have ever come across but I was too young to know was what happening back then. IMO, if they are able to not be seen by me, they are really powerful or really evil. I don't know much about what I experience, there aren't too many books I can just pick up and read how to operate this stuff. I don't normally even talk about it, but OT is strange enough already, I figured it would just fit right in. :D
I could sit down and talk with you about this for hours.

Josh [JU]

Archived
Hedley Lamarr said:
All the time. I can turn it off, but if they are really strong, they will make their presence known. Historical locations are a love/hate thing for me. I recently went to several civil war battle fields, it is like an odd Discovery Channel movie.

Thing is, things happen all over the place and in different times thoughout history. New houses can have some really old problems.

I do hope you stop by when you get out to Colorado. I know the "published" history of the ranch, but I'd be interested in your verification. ;)

Big Red said:
Part of me thinks this is for the best, but another part of me wants you to spill all the details. This subject seriously fascinates me.
Anytime you wish to discuss it, just PM me. Teachers in school used to have me talk about the things I saw while I was in HS. I would sit and talk through entire classes about stupid things I had stumbled upon.

mnjeeper said:
Sadly, I really have to go to bed.

Rich-this is interesting to me also. I may not believe, but that doesn't make me less interested, nor does it change my opinion of you. I enjoy the stories, keep sharing! :mrwave:

Have a good evening. Like I said, perhaps I just need to be medicated. :D I don't expect people to believe or even listen, but I am always happy to talk. :beerchug:

Josh [JU]

Archived
Hedley Lamarr said:
Anytime you wish to discuss it, just PM me. Teachers in school used to have me talk about the things I saw while I was in HS. I would sit and talk through entire classes about stupid things I had stumbled upon.
Interesting you get no reaction discussing it here, or there, or with your wife. Clearly, they are around, and should be able to hear it, no? Still, I'm sure the actual acknowledging of them TO them is terrifying.

Taggart [JU]

Archived
Big Red said:
I wonder if, through hypnosis, a person can be told to open his/her mind to this sort of thing. The interaction between the subconscious and conscious mind is quite interesting to me as well
I've been hypnotized and it is just a very relaxed state of semi-consciousness.

Josh* said:
I would *LOVE* to go on one of the many ghost tours I did in Charleston with you, Rich. Supposedly, there's a vast history there. Maybe I'm too skeptical. I loved the stories, and even the buildings from colonial times, but I never caught even the slightest whiff of anything.

Everyday homes are some of the creepiest places.

DHMeieio said:
So did you check it out to see if there was a physical cause? I was staying in a hotel room in Vegas one time, and sometime after midnight, my girlfriend at the time and I were both awakened by a table lamp that came on by itself. That was spooky, but it turned out that the bulb was loose and the lamp switch had been left on. During the night some slight vibration had cause the bulb to shift a tiny bit and make contact.

My wife told her father about it, he checked out everything and all checked out well. We didn't mention that laughter. ;) At the time, he liked the home, but lately he has been nervous to stay there alone in the evenings when his wife is away at church activities. My wife says I need to have a talk with him and see if he has been noticing anything.

Taggart [JU]

Archived
Hedley Lamarr said:
My wife told her father about it, he checked out everything and all checked out well. We didn't mention that laughter. ;) At the time, he liked the home, but lately he has been nervous to stay there alone in the evenings when his wife is away at church activities. My wife says I need to have a talk with him and see if he has been noticing anything.
Weird. Do you find that often places where you experience vivid visions also give those who can't see them the heebie-jeebies?

Big Red said:
I could sit down and talk with you about this for hours.

The home I grew up in, in the country was the most horrifying 10 years of my life. I recently was sent a photo of the home, and it was nasty. They thought they saw things in the photo and they sure did, and I saw even more. Bad thing is, I knew who and what I was looking at, got to know the cast of characters there, all too well, most of them, but not all of them. I deleted the photo on advice. If interested, I could ask for it again sometime, but I don't want it on any of my computers.

Josh* said:
I do hope you stop by when you get out to Colorado. I know the "published" history of the ranch, but I'd be interested in your verification. ;)

Friends and family have asked me to check out homes they intend to buy for years. They don't want any haunted homes. I was once asked to look at a home after my friend bought it, bad move.

Josh [JU]

Archived
Hedley Lamarr said:
The home I grew up in, in the country was the most horrifying 10 years of my life. I recently was sent a photo of the home, and it was nasty. They thought they saw things in the photo and they sure did, and I saw even more. Bad thing is, I knew who and what I was looking at, got to know the cast of characters there, all too well, most of them, but not all of them. I deleted the photo on advice. If interested, I could ask for it again sometime, but I don't want it on any of my computers.

Got to know them just on observation?

Hedley Lamarr said:
Friends and family have asked me to check out homes they intend to buy for years. They don't want any haunted homes. I was once asked to look at a home after my friend bought it, bad move.
I'd think blissful ignorance would be best for the owners, but it would help to know if you would feel comfortable to come visit them.

Josh [JU]

Archived
Hedley Lamarr said:

After I typed it, I thought about that one. Having e-known you for really years now, I'm not sure I could handle it. Upon finding something, if it were there, my take is that you'd be polite enough to not mention it, but I think I might pick up on something...but be either too polite to pursue it, or too nervous...and I'd wonder forever.

Josh* said:
Interesting you get no reaction discussing it here, or there, or with your wife. Clearly, they are around, and should be able to hear it, no? Still, I'm sure the actual acknowledging of them TO them is terrifying.
Thought about that many times. The thing is, if I can't see them, they aren't there to me. It is when I can see them in the corner I don't say anything. Or when I am face to face with them, or feel the ice cold of them as they stand directly in my footsteps. I kind of have to be tuned into them to see them anyway, the thing I call turning it on and off.