• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Issues with my jeepy

Hubjeep

:hub: :hub2:
Ultra-Premium
If the pads wore to the backing plate it could have contacted the rotor and put some deep grooves in them, did you hear a grinding? I would slap some $20 Autozone pads on.

Brakes - shops ALWAYS try to sell rotors. Doubtful that you need them.
THIS! L.Rover wanted to replace all 4 rotors and pads on ma's Disco at 28K, I replaced the pads around 40K, it still had original rotors at 140K.

tooms

Three Hole Wonder
VIP
If the pads wore to the backing plate it could have contacted the rotor and put some deep grooves in them, did you hear a grinding? I would slap some $20 Autozone pads on.

THIS! L.Rover wanted to replace all 4 rotors and pads on ma's Disco at 28K, I replaced the pads around 40K, it still had original rotors at 140K.
No grinding, no squealing. I think they're full of BS trying to get money from me. I HATE shops that do that shit, especially cuz I'm a woman. And pretty much 99% of why I haven't had any work done on my jeep.

I just picked up a free track bar (front) from my jeep buddy. He took it off a Rubicon with 12k miles on it last weekend. SCORE. :clapping:

tooms

Three Hole Wonder
VIP
Well, just dropped it off at the shop. It's a mom and pop small place but there was a couple of rock crawlers in the back which is probably why a jeeper referred me.

I'll see what they come back with. I told her I'm on a VERY limited budget.

I think I can install the trackbar by myself if it's really expensive for them to do it.

tooms

Three Hole Wonder
VIP
CONFIRMED it's my tranny. $1450 to replace it with a refurb or whatever.

I can't afford that. I can't afford a car payment. Not sure WTF to do right now.

Need to get a bike fast so I can save my jeepy by not driving it as much. NOT an option to get rid of it before any of you turds suggests that.

tooms

Three Hole Wonder
VIP
Track bar install would not be expensive.
Shop said $50. BUT...it was the SWAY bar that's broken, NOT the track bar. I knew it - freakin idiots.

I had them fix that as well for $60, $200 for the water pump. So I'm getting out with my max of $300.

I feel better...but worse. :teary: