• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Issues with my jeepy

Taz

SORRY N SHIT!
VIP
Time for a AW4 swap!

i've done one in a '00 on 35's that was a NVG 3550.......wasn't too fun. need SYE with an even shorter rear drive shaft, custom front drive shaft, custom cut out adaptor plate for the t-case skid (you can re-use the TJ mount on the AW4 but you need to make a flat adaptor plate out of some 1/4" plate since the trans sits back further), XJ TCM + custom wiring, i think we used the XJ crank sensor but they are both the same thing, XJ flex plate, re used the starter, the manual to auto required us cutting the input shaft on the 231, there's more shit to do but I can't rememebr wtf else there is.

the OD was nice because the TJ had 4.88's.

Mark

Ay Caramba!
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
i've done one in a '00 on 35's that was a NVG 3550.......wasn't too fun. need SYE with an even shorter rear drive shaft, custom front drive shaft, custom cut out adaptor plate for the t-case skid (you can re-use the TJ mount on the AW4 but you need to make a flat adaptor plate out of some 1/4" plate since the trans sits back further), XJ TCM + custom wiring, i think we used the XJ crank sensor but they are both the same thing, XJ flex plate, re used the starter, the manual to auto required us cutting the input shaft on the 231, there's more shit to do but I can't rememebr wtf else there is.

the OD was nice because the TJ had 4.88's.
Replaced the 999 in my 2000 TJ with a AW4 and flipped Dana 300 that was mounted so it was almost flat, it was a lot of work but boy was it nice! I also swapped in a Ford 8.8 at the same time so I knew I would need a new rear driveshaft, I was able to reuse the front drive shaft due to the flipped Dana 300 making it line right up. Damn I miss that Jeep!

Taz

SORRY N SHIT!
VIP
Replaced the 999 in my 2000 TJ with a AW4 and flipped Dana 300 that was mounted so it was almost flat, it was a lot of work but boy was it nice! I also swapped in a Ford 8.8 at the same time so I knew I would need a new rear driveshaft, I was able to reuse the front drive shaft due to the flipped Dana 300 making it line right up. Damn I miss that Jeep!
300 must be way thicker than the 231 then if it lined right up. we had to have the front DS extended a couple inches. this guy was running a Super 35 with a Detroit....fawking pos 35.

I picked up a 1998 3L73 tagged 8.8 for my 5.9 at the beginning of the summer...complete disc to disc with new pads, rotors, calipers for $80 OTD. the exploder died right at 132K after they spent $600 on brand new brakes :rotflmao:. I spent $38 on a 1330 series flange adaptor and bolts brand new from Ford too.

Mark

Ay Caramba!
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
I also changed to a modified HP dana 30 front axle at the same time. It's been so long ago that I'm not sure if I reused mine or reused one from a XJ that I got the HP Dana 30 out of.

Wharf Rat

Ooomph Ooomph
VIP
I learned to never rely on a man for anything. :jump:
Look where that got you.

But then again, that's actually a good idea if you only date girly men like fleg and WOP.

And my guess is you will be relying on a man to fix this now. Unless you have a female mechanic.

Last edited:

synonymous

Better than you.
VIP
Volvo perhaps :mrtiphat:
Wife loves her's. I had it serviced the other day. First oil change I think I've ever paid for. New cabin filter too. After watching the oil change, everything is right there once you remove the plastic "skid plate" via 4 or 5 bolts. The filter however, you reuse the filter housing, and the filter is just the pleated media and a new o-ring. Weird. 7 fuggin quarts in that engine though.

tooms

Three Hole Wonder
VIP
Can you borrow the money from the WOP since he won't fix the damn thing? Then pay the WOP back.
NO WAY.

I'll have the money in a few more weeks 90% of it I do have as it was my bike money. Makes me sad I won't be riding, but I'll be happy to have my jeepy at 100%.

The old guy who worked on my jeep was awesome. He told me whoever told me my track bar was broken is an idiot and to keep the one I have until it DOES break.

Drives WAY better with that sway bar fixed tho. :rotflmao:

He was a really honest guy, best experience I've had at a shop. They have not 2 but 3 rock crawlers there and he owns a '77 jeep that he drives. Told me to keep my jeep as it'll go forever and that's pretty much what I plan to do.

Opened that bitch up last night and it was a nice drive into work. Too bad it's going to be 103 and an f'n haboob is coming this afternoon. :facepalm: