• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Issues with my jeepy

tooms

Three Hole Wonder
VIP
your sway bar is broken? Or just need bushings?
Driver's side is broken...I've known it for a while. You should see how it drives. :jump:

She said, didn't you hear a clunk and wasn't it squirrley?

Me...yup. ::rotflmao:

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
my sway bar links have been broken for a few years. i removed the bar when i put the MetalCloak fenders on and haven't decided if i'm going to put the bar back on.

um...take the money you are going to spend on the death trap on two wheels, and buy a transmission with it.

you are going to be better having a running Jeep, than a commuter bike that you cant even get groceries on.

tooms

Three Hole Wonder
VIP
um...take the money you are going to spend on the death trap on two wheels, and buy a transmission with it.

you are going to be better having a running Jeep, than a commuter bike that you cant even get groceries on.
And spending $100 a week in gas will be awesome. Great idea Leon - why didn't *I* think of that?!? :rolleyes:

I honestly haven't decided what I'm going to do. If my jeep goes totally out, I'm 100% screwed.

tooms

Three Hole Wonder
VIP
How much do you drive?
65 miles round trip, that's just to work and back. If I go to the gym it's 75 or 80, the grocery store...more. Sometimes I put 100 miles a day.

But...after just talking to the WOP and realizing my serious emotional attachement to my jeep, I've decided to put the money into it to keep it running. The thought of losing my jeeps hurts more then not getting a bike or the money it costs for gas.

I just can't do it. Sounds silly, I know...but even when I've looked at other vehicles I don't like ANY of them. NOTHING feels like me like my jeepy. It's taken care of me for over 10 years, time to take care of it.

OMFG I HAVE PMS.

John

Transplant
VIP
I would fix the Jeep. There are too many shitty drivers out there to make a motorcycle a good commuter option.

tooms

Three Hole Wonder
VIP
Except for her fuel costs.
Yeah, but putting $1500 in my jeep will be cheaper then having to buy a new car in the long run.

My jeep is an old friend, I can't toss it out.

And Matt...I'm moving back to this side of town sometime in 2012. :rotflmao:

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
CONFIRMED it's my tranny. $1450 to replace it with a refurb or whatever.

I can't afford that. I can't afford a car payment. Not sure WTF to do right now.

Need to get a bike fast so I can save my jeepy by not driving it as much. NOT an option to get rid of it before any of you turds suggests that.
You could always HMAM it - credit cards FTW! :rotflmao:

Wharf Rat

Ooomph Ooomph
VIP
Some incremental maintenance and small repairs would have prevented just about all of this and cost your far less in the long run. Learn a lesson?