• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

JK owners

JLS

JUOT Refugee
VIP
I am eye-ing a four door JK though. The extra room would be good for a car seat and cargo room for photog equipment

HDC

Fiercely mediocre
In. OAC also tipped me off to the Tread Lightly membership discount. Might help on top of F&F stuff, dunno fer sure.

I lurve my JK. The tranny shiftpoints it's settled into recently are at odds with my prefs, but I suppose there's a way to fix that. Must look into. And the durn thing has more cargo space than my WK did. Bonus.

Wharf Rat

Ooomph Ooomph
VIP
In. OAC also tipped me off to the Tread Lightly membership discount. Might help on top of F&F stuff, dunno fer sure.

I lurve my JK. The tranny shiftpoints it's settled into recently are at odds with my prefs, but I suppose there's a way to fix that. Must look into. And the durn thing has more cargo space than my WK did. Bonus.
Yeah that's what they do. Always bogging. I HATE driving mine but it sure is pretty to look at. If you drive it like you stole it for a bit, that should change your shifting behavior. Or just reset the computer.

I think my 97 TJ on 36" swampers rode and drove better but who cares, its just a toy.

Mike

VIP
Yeah that's what they do. Always bogging. I HATE driving mine but it sure is pretty to look at. If you drive it like you stole it for a bit, that should change your shifting behavior. Or just reset the computer.

I think my 97 TJ on 36" swampers rode and drove better but who cares, its just a toy.
That's a shame Kenny. Toys are meant to enjoy!

kthrash

I have Automotive A.D.D.
VIP
Lots of raar there.

I'd get the stick shift anyway. Leaning toward doing this in a month or two when the '13s first start arriving.
I'm hopefully ordering mine in a few weeks if everything works out.

'13 Billet Metallic Rubicon Unlimited
6 Speed Manual
Soft Top
Leather
Auto Climate
Max Tow
740N Navigation with connectivity

As soon as its on order, I will be gathering parts for minor lift.
AEV DualSport XT 2.5" suspension Or OME equivalent
AEV Bead Lock Wheels (argent)
35" tires of some Form/Fashion probably MT ATX

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
I'm hopefully ordering mine in a few weeks if everything works out.

'13 Billet Metallic Rubicon Unlimited
6 Speed Manual
Soft Top
Leather
Auto Climate
Max Tow
740N Navigation with connectivity

As soon as its on order, I will be gathering parts for minor lift.
AEV DualSport XT 2.5" suspension Or OME equivalent
AEV Bead Lock Wheels (argent)
35" tires of some Form/Fashion probably MT ATX
Ruining it the day it comes home :jump:

I want light silver, six speed, hard top, connectivity package, a/c and not much else. Throw on some bigger tires around the steel rims, tint the windows and I'm done.

I want the Trac-Lok and the side airbags, but I'd have to step up to the S package or whatever and that gets a little pricey for my needs... since I drive my car 2-3k per year at most.

kthrash

I have Automotive A.D.D.
VIP
Ruining it the day it comes home :jump:

I want light silver, six speed, hard top, connectivity package, a/c and not much else. Throw on some bigger tires around the steel rims, tint the windows and I'm done.

I want the Trac-Lok and the side airbags, but I'd have to step up to the S package or whatever and that gets a little pricey for my needs... since I drive my car 2-3k per year at most.
WTF do you need a hard top for unless you never plan to take it off. The soft top is 90% as quiet as the hard and unless you have harsh winters I don't see the point. I had a hard top on one of my jeeps long ago and could not wait to get rid of it.

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
WTF do you need a hard top for unless you never plan to take it off. The soft top is 90% as quiet as the hard and unless you have harsh winters I don't see the point. I had a hard top on one of my jeeps long ago and could not wait to get rid of it.
Quieter and it's only $750. I want to get a full length safari top and a hoist for it. I doubt i would ever want to run a full soft top. Either top up (cold or really hot weather) or safari top.

kthrash

I have Automotive A.D.D.
VIP
Quieter and it's only $750. I want to get a full length safari top and a hoist for it. I doubt i would ever want to run a full soft top. Either top up (cold or really hot weather) or safari top.
you should (if you haven't already) go drive both, I found very little difference in noise between the soft/hard tops.. the thing I like about the soft top is you can put it up/down whenever you want, no hoist, no sitting at work saying damn I wish I could lose the top today etc.. Most people I know with the hard top take it off in the summer and run it for winter.. Plus 2013 is supposed to have some new-fangled premium soft top with spring assist raise/lower feature making it uber simple to put up/down and be as quite as the hard top..

pirranah

pierced dingaling
VIP
vehicles are not legos, you shouldn't have interchangeable parts laying around for them
lol i have an extra everything now... well, except headlights, grill, bumper, passenger fender, radiator, fan, ac stuff :facepalm: