• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

JK owners

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
you should (if you haven't already) go drive both, I found very little difference in noise between the soft/hard tops.. the thing I like about the soft top is you can put it up/down whenever you want, no hoist, no sitting at work saying damn I wish I could lose the top today etc.. Most people I know with the hard top take it off in the summer and run it for winter.. Plus 2013 is supposed to have some new-fangled premium soft top with spring assist raise/lower feature making it uber simple to put up/down and be as quite as the hard top..
Yeah, I've spent a lot of time in the hard top model, but not the soft top. My plan also calls for taking it to CO and NM periodically, and I'd rather have the hard top for longer treks. And I work from home, so using the top hoist would be relatively easy when needed.

you should (if you haven't already) go drive both, I found very little difference in noise between the soft/hard tops.. the thing I like about the soft top is you can put it up/down whenever you want, no hoist, no sitting at work saying damn I wish I could lose the top today etc.. Most people I know with the hard top take it off in the summer and run it for winter.. Plus 2013 is supposed to have some new-fangled premium soft top with spring assist raise/lower feature making it uber simple to put up/down and be as quite as the hard top..
Waiting to see what the '13s will have compared to the '12s. All I really want is a decent color selection over this year's, and I will put my order in.

My biggest hurdle now, is that the local dealership just got closed for them to redevelop the block. Going to be a longer drive to a newer dealer, old one had been selling Jeeps since the 1950's, other one has only been selling them since the 2008 reorg.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
I like having both tops. I have a hard top with doors for the winter and another hard top without windows for the summer that I run door less.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
I like sticking my foot on the door sill and letting everyone see my balls as I drive by

ccsp

Hello internet
VIP
You couldn't afford both? :puzzled::jump:
Sure I can. That would not be very responsible. If I was gonna have 2 new vehicles it would not be two Jeeps.

But I have to say, my BubbleJ and YJ combo was pretty sweet. :)

ccsp

Hello internet
VIP
Oh I enjoy it. Just hate driving it long distances like to work and back.
Sounds like a lemon. A new JK should ride just fine :shrug: Why didnt you buy a Sahara instead? Prolly rides better without the 1980s BFG MTs