• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

LOL Ford

Nadeaux

Yup buy which ever of the big three truck you can get the best deal on that meets your needs. Very few truck owners ever push there trucks to the limit and those that do usually are beating them up so bad they dump them every few years any way.

Nadeaux

Actually, I think ford trucks are higher quality all around.

Dodge would be second. Chevy trucks just seem cheap on the inside.
I have to agree but not just on the trucks, Chevy as a whole seems to have cheaper interiors than Ford. I'd guess it's to justify the extra price for the GMC/Buick lines. Ford doesn't have to worry about that since they killed Mercury.

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP
I have to agree but not just on the trucks, Chevy as a whole seems to have cheaper interiors than Ford. I'd guess it's to justify the extra price for the GMC/Buick lines. Ford doesn't have to worry about that since they killed Mercury.
I haven't liked Chevy trucks since about 96 or whenever they changed from the flat body style.

And I don't really like any Chevy cars after mid 70s.

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP
That was a joke, but I'm curious to hear what you are basing this off of.
jjj

My experience in the vehicles.

I drove a gas ford f250 every day for a year then a 4x4 dodge 2500 ctd every day for 2 years at my old oil field job.

My stepdad had an old body style power stroke f350 when I was in high school. I was lucky enough to get to drive it occasionally.

I haven't driven many newer Chevys but my buddy has a '10 z71 ltz (2500 i believe) and the interior is crap in my opinion. I'm sure the drivetrain is good but not good enough for me to overlook the interior.

In my opinion, the ford king ranch interior is the sharpest vehicle interior I have ever seen.

John

Transplant
VIP
They have nice leather, but its not any nicer than a Denali or Laramie interior.

Reactions: Taz

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP
They have nice leather, but its not any nicer than a Denali or Laramie interior.
I've never seen either in person. I can't imagine the denali interior is nicer than the king ranch interior by any stretch of the imagination.

The Laramie does look sharp.

the perfect truck: GMC Denali HD exterior and seats, Cummins motor, allison tranny, and Ford everything else.

BobKid

Bite me!
VIP
Makes Ford look like a bunch of whiners.
Ironic after GM got their panties all in a wad a year ago when Ford wanted to run their ads about how they didn't need uncle sam to come bail them out.

Doubt we'll see the auto czar leaning on Gov't Motors to tone down their ads like he did to Ford back then :shush: