• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

LOL Ford

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
LOL at arguing about leather upholstry and how nice the interior is in what should be rugged/utilitarian work trucks.
Base model trucks are. When you pay more for the "nice" model truck than the cost of a nicely equipped A6, you should get a nice interior. The King Ranch package costs $7500 more than the Lariat - with $7500 they should easily be able to make every inch of the interior nice to the touch.

off a cough

Say my name, bitch!
VIP
Sounds like a real treat. :jump:
It is :clapping:

This one is actually reasonably quiet, has great acceleration, and is comfortable. I've got cruise, a good sound system, bluetoof, and people can actually clearly hear me over it. It took 70 years, but they finally made a civilized tent on wheels that can still do all the stuff the others did. I'm quite happy with this purchase.

croatiansensation

Coyote Intimidator
VIP
Base model trucks are. When you pay more for the "nice" model truck than the cost of a nicely equipped A6, you should get a nice interior. The King Ranch package costs $7500 more than the Lariat - with $7500 they should easily be able to make every inch of the interior nice to the touch.
If you want such luxury in a 3/4 ton or larger you most likely aren't using it for it's intended purpose, and should be buying something else. Off the top of my head I can only think of a handful of "uses" for hillbilly Cadillacs like the King Ranch that can utilize the drive train to its fullest and not end up with destroyed leather interior after 5 months.:2cents:

off a cough

Say my name, bitch!
VIP
If you want such luxury in a 3/4 ton or larger you most likely aren't using it for it's intended purpose, and should be buying something else. Off the top of my head I can only think of a handful of "uses" for hillbilly Cadillacs like the King Ranch that can utilize the drive train to its fullest and not end up with destroyed leather interior after 5 months.:2cents:
I know several well-to-do snow birds with very nice 8 year-old 3/4 ton trucks that are used to pull a 5th wheel down to Florida or Texas.

You are correct that many people buy 3/4 trucks that don't need them, especially turds who like to belch black smoke from their diesels. But I don't think you can possibly categorize every use case and dismiss everyone who owns one. There are some very legitimate cases.

As for the 1/2 tons, as a home owner, I could often benefit from one. I'm probably going to get a cheap foldable Harbor Freight trailer that I can hang on the wall of my garage and pull down when I have a big Homey Depot run. The Jeep is a good tow vehicle for that purpose.

Last edited:

Chite5e

VIP
Ultra-Premium
I really need a 1 ton but get by with a 3/4 due to me not wanting DRW.

That being said, my interior has not been destroyed and I use my truck over its rated limit over once a week.

off a cough

Say my name, bitch!
VIP

That being said, my interior has not been destroyed and I use my truck over its rated limit over once a week.
I think Ford and Dodge both make 1 tons with SRW. They are probably tough to find on the used market, though.

They probably ride like ass when empty, too :eek:

Chite5e

VIP
Ultra-Premium
I think Ford and Dodge both make 1 tons with SRW. They are probably tough to find on the used market, though.

They probably ride like ass when empty, too :eek:
That is another reason. I DD the truck and 90% of the time have little weight in it.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Horseshit. There's no reason any vehicle shouldn't be available with a nice interior.

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
:disagree:

LOL at white collar folks who use pickup trucks as daily drivers and therefore demand such creature comforts.

That could very well include me :/self:
The only reason I did not end up with a new Ecoboost SuperCrew a couple months back is because the only decent color one on the lot was a Platinum edition. Salesturd tried to talk me into it, talking about the leather and all the special stuff. I told him that I use my truck as a truck and thus the Platinum trim would be a stupid option for me.

Chite5e

VIP
Ultra-Premium
The only reason I did not end up with a new Ecoboost SuperCrew a couple months back is because the only decent color one on the lot was a Platinum edition. Salesturd tried to talk me into it, talking about the leather and all the special stuff. I told him that I use my truck as a truck and thus the Platinum trim would be a stupid option for me.
Okay. :spinz:

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Think harder. I have wealthy clients who tow every weekend for their hobbies and snatch these trucks up.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
So you bought a vehicle with no cargo or towing ability?

croatiansensation

Coyote Intimidator
VIP

Horseshit. There's no reason any vehicle shouldn't be available with a nice interior.
Think harder. I have wealthy clients who tow every weekend for their hobbies and snatch these trucks up.
:jump:

For consistent use as the chassis and its drive train was intended to be used the luxury interior being hotly debated in this thread is pointless. One look at a King Ranch that has been used on an actual ranch will tell you that.:shrug:

off a cough

Say my name, bitch!
VIP
:jump:

For consistent use as the chassis and its drive train was intended to be used the luxury interior being hotly debated in this thread is pointless. One look at a King Ranch that has been used on an actual ranch will tell you that.:shrug:
Not if your co-worker in Richmond has an F250 King Ranch extended cab oil burner used to pull his horse trailer.

You seem to be fixated on the fallacy that all people who use trucks as designed wear bib overalls covered in livestock shit and walk in mud all day. :puzzled: