• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

LOL Ford

off a cough

Say my name, bitch!
VIP
Neither of those are nice.
Horsecrap. I was stunned at how nice the Laramie interior was on a 2011. I like the Ford SCREW layout better, but the Doidge had an interior that was tits. I didn't expect it, especially having preferred the Ford for so long.

Chevy/GMC truck interiors have aged poorly, and are loaded with cheap plastics. That being said, GM has begun reinventing their interiors, as well, and some of their new cars are very nice. All three automakers are beginning to take positive steps in fixing what has been a horrible problem for a decade.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Horsecrap. I was stunned at how nice the Laramie interior was on a 2011. I like the Ford SCREW layout better, but the Doidge had an interior that was tits. I didn't expect it, especially having preferred the Ford for so long.

Chevy/GMC truck interiors have aged poorly, and are loaded with cheap plastics. That being said, GM has begun reinventing their interiors, as well, and some of their new cars are very nice. All three automakers are beginning to take positive steps in fixing what has been a horrible problem for a decade.
All three are nice-ish interiors, but none are nice enough. We're talking about $50k vehicles here, nothing should feel cheap in something with that price tag. Apparently I'm harder to please than most. I just think if on a test ride I have to say "well that kind of sucks" about anything, even a small detail, then they have screwed up. I shouldn't have to accept that at this price point. They're all getting close.

Rugster

Old And In The Way
VIP
Friend has the King Ranch ford and the leather lost all it's color real quick in the sun. And it has had a strange thing going on in the rear end since new but he still drives it every day.

Chite5e

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Friend has the King Ranch ford and the leather lost all it's color real quick in the sun. And it has had a strange thing going on in the rear end since new but he still drives it every day.
I love the look of a brand new King Ranch. I hate the look of a faded leather King Ranch.

off a cough

Say my name, bitch!
VIP
All three are nice-ish interiors, but none are nice enough. We're talking about $50k vehicles here, nothing should feel cheap in something with that price tag. Apparently I'm harder to please than most. I just think if on a test ride I have to say "well that kind of sucks" about anything, even a small detail, then they have screwed up. I shouldn't have to accept that at this price point. They're all getting close.
You are absolutely right about the insane pricing of today's trucks. I was very close to buying a Ram or Ford SCREW but could not justify the coin on the upscale ride that I would want - even after spending $35k on a JK.

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
The earlier King Ranch semi-aniline leather is beautiful but not meant for vehicles unless it is religiously maintained. The newer King Ranches use a more durable but not nearly as luxurious material.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium

You think JKs are nice :jump: they are nicer but still cheap shit. I rode in a brand new limited super crew yesterday and was still amazed at the cheap shut inside. Only blue collar scum drive dodges and GM still has plastic feeling leather and flimsy interior panels.

off a cough

Say my name, bitch!
VIP
You think JKs are nice :jump: they are nicer but still cheap shit. I rode in a brand new limited super crew yesterday and was still amazed at the cheap shut inside. Only blue collar scum drive dodges and GM still has plastic feeling leather and flimsy interior panels.
None are Bentley or even Audi, but they have stepped up their game. Ford is well behind Dodge right now, which completely blew my mind. Brandon is right in that it still isn't worth $50k, but they really laid it on.

The JK's interior is horrible for a premium/luxury vehicle, average for a decent domestic sedan, and fricking swank for a tent on wheels. Compare it to it's grandpa the CJ5 for objective analysis.

off a cough

Say my name, bitch!
VIP
German sports sedan >>>>>>>>>> fancy pickup truck
Tent on wheels > *.*

Unless you want to haul something, tow something, drive spiritedly, hear a conversation with your passengers, take sharp corners and high speeds, or get reasonable fuel economy. Other than that, yeah, tent on wheels.

Justin

Damn.
VIP
Tent on wheels > *.*

Unless you want to haul something, tow something, drive spiritedly, hear a conversation with your passengers, take sharp corners and high speeds, or get reasonable fuel economy. Other than that, yeah, tent on wheels.
Sounds like a real treat. :jump: