• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

motorcycle shopping

Rugster

Old And In The Way
VIP
When my sons got out of the military I let them fool with my old bikes. Now carburators don't scare them one bit. One thing about the old carbs is you could take them apart on the side of the road and clean and fix them and put them back on and be on your way in a jiffy.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
When my sons got out of the military I let them fool with my old bikes. Now carburators don't scare them one bit. One thing about the old carbs is you could take them apart on the side of the road and clean and fix them and put them back on and be on your way in a jiffy.
It's not that big of a deal to do it, just figured that they might need a little time with some seafoam since they are supposed to be refreshed already. Brandon brings up a good point about the ethanol. I also slapped a new battery in it.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Shit yeah, I long for the old carbs. This is the one I have to clean soon...

2002 Ktm 400EXC RACING SIX DAYS OEM Carburetor Keihin Cr39 Parts | MotoSport

Look at all the parts in that ****ing thing.

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
WTF is this Japanese shit? I thought miwico was a PATRIOT? A Harley seems like a much better purchase for him :agree:

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
WTF is this Japanese shit? I thought miwico was a PATRIOT? A Harley seems like a much better purchase for him :agree:
There is nothing that is American owned that will fit this bill. I have no choice. I refuse to buy a throwback motorcycle.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Just run it. When going into storage, drain the carbs.
Last year was the last time that I could find ethonol free gas. My car averaged ~38mpg with it and dropped to 35 when they no longer offered it. Pretty sad that the .gov would do this.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Holy cow. It's been so nice here for the past few weeks I guess I forgot to think about other locations - I didn't know there was still snow anywhere. You can do any trail riding with it, or just mostly pooting around town and stuff?

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
Last year was the last time that I could find ethonol free gas. My car averaged ~38mpg with it and dropped to 35 when they no longer offered it. Pretty sad that the .gov would do this.
Perhaps a conspiracy to fund green energy drivel.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Holy cow. It's been so nice here for the past few weeks I guess I forgot to think about other locations - I didn't know there was still snow anywhere. You can do any trail riding with it, or just mostly pooting around town and stuff?
Ibought it for trail riding. Will probably commute with it when I need that edge taken off from 5/gal gas. My old XT was about a 50/mpg unit in town. I'm guessing in my commute I should be in the 60's with gentle driving.

John

Transplant
VIP
He's talking about up in the mountains. Its been in the 70s and gorgeous for the last few weeks.