• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

New Comprehensive Ignore System on JUOT

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
OK...

Go to your User CP... On the menu at the left on the bottom is now an "Ignore Manager."

In the settings you can check a box to ignore ENTIRE THREADS by people on your ignore list.

I urge you to check this box.

The other options are to see and clear any forums or threads you may have ignored previously.

If there's a thread you don't like you can now find "Ignore Thread" on the thread tools drop down menu- you will never see that thread again unless you un-ignore it from the user cp.

There is an option to "Ignore" an entire forum, you can do this and it will take any threads in the forum out of search results, including "New Posts" but because of the way the forum is setup you will still see threads from those forums in all-topic... I may work on this, will see.

But anyway this is how to completely ignore people and their threads, and their forums if need be.

pejeeper

Ninjas need not apply
VIP
Your will power is negated by the radioactive aura from the Indian Point power plant 25 miles from me.

DH350nWo

Meh
VIP
Wrong...... San Onofre is a 30 minute (non-rush hour) drive from me. Back in the day it was a 20 mile crow flown distance from me. Me > yew still.

Oh and we shot Tommy out of town tew.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
I think he will do just that. And of course somebody will quote you just in case he doesn't click on it.

TheVisitors

[you] is my AE
Isn't funny on how many people often do not use the ignore option, but will complain endlessly about someone?!?!

I always thought so.

Black Widow

Bite me, I'm poison.
Take over Tuesday back fired, when "my troll" (now yours) came over and debunk the system :eek:
They actually came off worse. Joe, I like you, so here's some advice drop Tommy or your forum will suffer losses. I have seen it, over, and over again on many boards. It always ends the same.

He is bad, I knew it right from the first posting I ever seen. (Adam will back me on that). It took one thread, and I was not wrong.

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
"Ignore" lists are for thin skinned pussies. "Ignore Manager" is something that belongs on JeepForum or some other pussy filled forum.

No offense meant to our female members for referring to weak people as "pussies".

Black Widow

Bite me, I'm poison.
"Ignore" lists are for thin skinned pussies. "Ignore Manager" is something that belongs on JeepForum or some other pussy filled forum.

No offense meant to our female members for referring to weak people as "pussies".
No offence taken (from me). Women are wired differently, we do need different things, yanno. When you have a fawking idiot threatening violence and lude sexual acts on a woman, dam straight we take it as abusive.

Men are better at that stuff, I will admit it. Though, I think I have stood my ground well... Threats I will not tolerate, and if I don't have to 'see' them, all the better.

mojokat

coma toast
VIP
it goes way beyond the ignore, Joe. Regulars will stop contributing, those who do will be drummed out of town by the attention whoring nut-job. Worthwhile content will be overlooked.

We've had several new members come our way at the same time, but instead of having fun with them we are all bickering amongst ourselves about some washed up hippy whack job.