• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Replacement Lamps for JVC TV

Bought a bulb for my Samsung DLP two years ago when the current bulb was a year old (about the time the previous two blew). Damn thing is still going strong and I still have that replacement in the box.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Throw it in the gutter, buy another. Prefer Samsung LED to that shit. LOL, buying 'lamps'. Even the Amber Lamps guy doesn't buy lamps for his TV.

SAD

Wants $4.50 Gas
VIP
Throw it in the gutter, buy another. Prefer Samsung LED to that shit. LOL, buying 'lamps'. Even the Amber Lamps guy doesn't buy lamps for his TV.
When mine goes, this ^ is likley what I will do. I've definitely gotten my 7-8 years worth of value out of it.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Would need to spend $1000 - $1500 on a 60" Samsung for a quality TV, maybe $750 on a Vizio or something... hardly seems worth it even if $35 every 6 months for as long as this lasts- the picture isn't going to be any better on the new TV... Netflix and the like I use through Xbox doesn't need to be built into the TV. Plus the TV I have fits EXACTLY inside my entertainment center and matches the silver color perfectly. Any other model would not as perfect a fit and if even an inch taller or wider would mean having to take part what is there, which I can't do. So I'd have to find something smaller and have empty space.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
I have two Mitsubishi units, a 65" and a table top 57". The 57" has had one replacement, the 65" which is very old, 2002? has never needed a lamp.

SAD

Wants $4.50 Gas
VIP
... Plus the TV I have fits EXACTLY inside my entertainment center ...
^^ this is likely the one thing that might hold me back. When I bought the current TV, it was alos a cascade purchase - i.e. new TV = new entertainment center.... So that $2200 TV cost me like $5000.

... ...entertainment center and matches the silver color perfectly....
Furniture is not silver

naw

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Understand this TV remains on 24/7/365. It only goes off for power failures. I lower the volume from time to time but I never power it off.