• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Replacement Lamps for JVC TV

we put our 3rd bulb in a few months back.

replaced and worked great. :shrug: No reason to get rid of the tv....we have enough already that we don't even turn on now.

Understand this TV remains on 24/7/365. It only goes off for power failures. I lower the volume from time to time but I never power it off.
why would any one do this?

something must be really wrong with your brain if you need to have a TV on 24/7. Turn that fawking noise off.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Throw it in the gutter, buy another. Prefer Samsung LED to that shit. LOL, buying 'lamps'. Even the Amber Lamps guy doesn't buy lamps for his TV.
Meh - my big Sony has had one lamp blow, and the generic replacement was $38 shipped. It has already gone eight months - I'm not just gonna throw the TV away over $38. Why throw it away before something expensive breaks?

luv_jeeps

Mr. Martha
VIP
Ultra-Premium
My friends in YooTah had an older Mitsubishi set that lasted about 7-8 years and then they had to replace the first bulb. If I remember correctly they paid about 150 for the first one. Lasted about 2 years and went again.
They replaced it 2 more times over the last couple of years for about 50 bucks apiece and then finally said fawk it and went and got a new nice LCD unit.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
My friends in YooTah had an older Mitsubishi set that lasted about 7-8 years and then they had to replace the first bulb. If I remember correctly they paid about 150 for the first one. Lasted about 2 years and went again.
They replaced it 2 more times over the last couple of years for about 50 bucks apiece and then finally said fawk it and went and got a new nice LCD unit.
I have one of those Mitsubishis. It's all about ventilation and buying the whole lamp/box assembly. One print on the lamp and you will get this...which is why the first one lasted so long.

Justin

Damn.
VIP
Meh - my big Sony has had one lamp blow, and the generic replacement was $38 shipped. It has already gone eight months - I'm not just gonna throw the TV away over $38. Why throw it away before something expensive breaks?
I've got a 34" Sony HD CRT unit with nothing wrong with it that I will be throwing away soon I guess. :shrug:

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I've got a 34" Sony HD CRT unit with nothing wrong with it that I will be throwing away soon I guess. :shrug:
Well yeah, I have a couple of 32" CRTs to throw in the attic sale, too. But this is still current enough (1080p and what-not,) to make a fine little bedroom TV. The one in the living room is newer and nicer, but this one is still doing a fine job for watching the news as I doze off to sleep.