• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Replacement Lamps for JVC TV

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
I thank God that I never owned a POS rear projection TV.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
I thank God that I never owned a POS rear projection TV.
I have one that is 13 years old and never needed a lamp. The picture at the time was the best that money could buy so all in all it worked out. 65"

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Yes, the $5 a month additional cost of ownership is worthy of divine intervention.
That and the following facts:
* My TV isn't broken for days while waiting for parts
* I don't have to deal with a gigantic floor mounted TV
* I can wall mount my TV
* I don't have to deal with the weight should I decide to move it from one place to another or to a new home

Rear projection = :owned:
Samsung LED = :rockz:

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
I have one that is 13 years old and never needed a lamp. The picture at the time was the best that money could buy so all in all it worked out. 65"
I would take a 30" LED over a 65" rear projection. :fact:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
That and the following facts:
* My TV isn't broken for days while waiting for parts
* I don't have to deal with a gigantic floor mounted TV
* I can wall mount my TV
* I don't have to deal with the weight should I decide to move it from one place to another or to a new home

Rear projection = :owned:
Samsung LED = :rockz:
My TV isn't broken for days either as it is simple enough to order 1 extra bulb so there is always a bulb here. The one I ordered today will be the one I put in after the bulb I installed today, dies.

At the time of purchase it weighed far less than Plasmas of comparable size- there were no LCD/LED TVs.

The picture quality is on part with any modern HDTV so long as it has a working bulb.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
think time period. There was no such thing as a flat panel tv then.
Fair enough. I suppose Joe is still rocking his bag phone as opposed to upgrading to something more reasonable like an Android phone.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
I also have this.
Picture is great, DLP. This is the one that eats a lamp every three years. They are about 40 bucks to replace. :shrug:

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I'm still running my Mitsubishi. Still looks good to me.
Still have the 60" Sony in the bedroom and a 55" JVC in the man room :paper: I have a spare ~$32 bulb for each on hand in case one pops.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Still have the 60" Sony in the bedroom and a 55" JVC in the man room :paper: I have a spare ~$32 bulb for each on hand in case one pops.
Big bedroom has the really old but still 1080i 65" Mitsubishi, the Rec room has a 57" Mitsubishi from ~2008. At least it has HDMI and IMO a really nice picture. Got the 50" 200 dollar WALMART black Friday tv but still not delivered. That will probably go in the big bedroom. I think the 65 will go on Craiglist then.