• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Replacement Lamps for JVC TV

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
NY radio is worse than reality shows on TV.
I haven't had a TV on since Friday morning... I don't expect to watch anything until next Monday morning. Even when I'm at my home all day long, I don't turn it on.

There is nothing more worth watching on TV unless you are streaming movies all of the time which gets boring after a while.

If you don't like terrestrial radio, stream something like Pandora. And read. A book. With pages made from paper.

Learn a new language (master Klingon maybe?), or something like Chinese.

Become a master of robotics so you can build a cyborg exoskeleton for yourself.

SAD

Wants $4.50 Gas
VIP
Meh - my big Sony has had one lamp blow, and the generic replacement was $38 shipped. It has already gone eight months - I'm not just gonna throw the TV away over $38. Why throw it away before something expensive breaks?
My friends in YooTah had an older Mitsubishi set that lasted about 7-8 years and then they had to replace the first bulb. If I remember correctly they paid about 150 for the first one. Lasted about 2 years and went again.
They replaced it 2 more times over the last couple of years for about 50 bucks apiece and then finally said fawk it and went and got a new nice LCD unit.
We just got a new TV - 65" LED...

Coincidentally neighbor's children broke their TV's screen just recently.... Gave away 46" Samsung DLP to them. I purchased it in March 2005. Still working just fine with original bulb. I just wanted something bigger.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
You could not give me a rear projection TV. Garbage.

On a side note, did you file a warranty claim on the bulb that clearly died short of it's warranty?